Be a Part of Fish 2.0 2017
We are actively seeking investor, industry and philanthropic sponsors and partners that can help us to shape Fish 2.0 for 2017 and beyond. Please contact Monica Jain if you are interested in learning more about our plans for the future and in partnering with us to grow the field of sustainable seafood businesses and investors.
Open Door Prizes and Professional Service Awards Accelerate Investment and Growth for Winners
During the Fish 2.0 Competition Finals & Sustainable Seafood Innovation Forum last November at Stanford University, six finalists received cash awards. Following the competition, Fish 2.0 selected finalists and runners to receive over $195,000 in Professional Service Awards and 8 opportunities to work with industry leaders through the Open Door Prizes.
Each of these prizes and awards allows the recipents to accelerate their ability to gain investment and to accelerate the growth of their businesses.
Winners of the Fish 2.0 Open Door Prizes
Twelve promising seafood companies from around the world received Open Door Prizes.
- The Crab Company (Fiji), an aquaculture venture that conserves mangrove areas while growing crab will be working with Costco Wholesale fresh and frozen foods buyers to learn how to accelerate sales in new markets.
- Quixotic Farming, a Midwestern aquaculture company will receive training in aquatic health management and disease diagnostics from industry leader, Fish Vet Group.
- Blue Farms Hawai'i will be participating in the newly launched Food System 6 (FS6) accelerator for for-profit and nonprofit food tech entrepreneurs.
- SmartFish of Mexico, which sells value-added products captured by fishery co-ops, and improves their profits and sustainability practices, is working with High Liner Foods procurement team to learn how to access new markets.
- IntraFish Media has offered three passes to the 2016 IntraFish Seafood Investor Forum to Florida-based Healthy Earth Cortez, which creates value-added products from wild-caught gray striped mullet; California-based Pelagic Data Systems, a traceability technology company; and Canada-based SabrTech, whose RiverBox system converts aquaculture waste into an algae-based feed. Discounted tickets for the IntraFish Investor Forum are available to all Fish 2.0 network members.
- Pentair has invited five Fish 2.0 finalists to improve their understanding of systems and skills for aquaculture and aquaponics at multi-day workshop events. Recipients include land-based salmon grower Taste of BC; Blue Farms Hawaii; SabrTech/ Riverbox; Acadia Harvest, a land-based producer of premium fish based in Maine; and Pacific Ocean Culture of Fiji, a fledgling multispecies hatchery.
- Love the Wild, a Colorado-based company that sells traceable sustainable fish packaged with gourmet sauces, is working actively with the Rabobank seafood analysis and lending teams to improve their outreach to new investors and ability to attract growth capital.
- Wabel, a European B2B marketplace designed to facilitate connections between private-label retailers and global suppliers of fresh and frozen food products, is working with the U.K.-based aquaponics company GrowUp Urban Farms to introduce the business to new market partners and potential investors.
Professional service award winners - $195,000 in contracts awarded
Nine Fish 2.0 Finalists and Runners Up are working with consultants and industry experts to accelerate the growth of their ventures, including:
For more on the prizes read our press release here and Undercurrent News article here.
- ARCAE of Costa Rica, which markets locally caught sustainable fish will receive strategic guidance on options to grow their venture.
- Monterey Bay Fisheries Trust, which buys and leases quota to keep local fisheries viable is working to review their financial strategies for sustainability and growth.
- ALFA Fishing of Vanuatu, which generates income for rural youth and urban women through supplying fresh seafood to both high-end restaurants and low-income households will receive help in attracting new sources of capital and to prioritize among the partnership offers which they are receiving.
- Pelagic Data Systems has received support to improve their marketing and customer value propositions.
- SmartFish Mexico is receiving support to determine their ideal management and financial structures as they grow quickly.
- SabrTech/ Riverbox, Love the Wild Seafood and Grow Up Urban Farms are all recieving support to fine tune their investor pitches and strategies.
- The Crab Company of Fiji will receive assistance to review and refine their financial strategy.
IntraFish Seafood Investor Forum: Special Offer for Fish 2.0 Members
The IntraFish Seafood Investor Forum (May 19 in New York City) attracts investors and seafood executives from around the globe to explore the unique and exciting opportunities for investment in the world’s fastest-growing protein sector.
Fish 2.0 Members may register for $450 -- a special 25% discount off the regular delegate rate.
Click Here to contact IntraFish if you are interested in attending.
Sustainatopia Conference Discount for Fish 2.0 members
Sustainatopia is one of the largest conferences in the U.S. for social, financial and environmental sustainability + impact. The conference will be held May 1-4 in San Francisco and we hope to integrate discussions about seafood and investment into the program. Fish 2.0 members receive 20% off the registration price to Sustainatopia 2016 by using the code Fish20. Please let us know if you will be attending.
Fish 2.0 continues to make headlines