Phase 2 Close Last Week- Marking our Halfway Point in the Competition
106 companies completed Phase 2 of Fish 2.0. We had over 50 experienced investors and experts evaluate and score each entry. Every entrant was provided with detailed feedback on business strengths and weaknesses and ways to improve their ventures and investor presentations in the next round. Many thanks to these judges for their time and contributions to building these sustainable seafood enterprises.
Phase 3 Begins
Based on the judging, a diverse group of 69 promising seafood businesses has moved on to the semifinal round of Fish 2.0.
- They are a diverse group, ranging from aquaculture technology companies to innovative supply chain enterprises.
- The semifinalists reflect the competition’s global reach: competitors from North America, the Pacific and Oceania, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East, Africa, and Asia are competing in Phase 3.
- The semifinalists are now working to demonstrate their growth and impact potential, with the help of sustainability advisers, as well the critical success factors, risks and investment terms they are looking for - with support from a range of experienced investors and business advisers
- Each of the 69 businesses involved in Phase 3 has a strong chance of making it to the Finals. Its going to be tough to pick the 36 finalists out of this group!
Fish 2.0 Upcoming Webinars
The following webinars are available to all Fish 2.0 participants, including competitors, advisors and judges.
Further details can be found on the Fish 2.0 website webinar page:
- Tues, July 21 at 4 pm PT: “Integrating and Measuring Impacts in Your Venture.” This webinar will explore the importance of integrating measurable social and environmental practices in ways that can complement financial return. We will learn why impact metrics are important, what investors look for, and practical advice for integrating Impact into your business.
- Wed, August 12 at 4 pm PT: “Legal Fundamentals: Business Structures and IP Protection Tips” This session will provide practical legal insights as for businesses seeking for investment and / or global expansion in regulated markets. A partner from Morrison & Forrester will discuss common structures, including emerging Impact driven structures, as well as potential legal pitfalls businesses can encounter at the early and growth stage. Joining her will be another legal specialist who will help competitors understand the fundamentals of an IP strategy, from how to identify your IP assets to an overview of the legal process.
Fish 2.0 continues to be featured in a broad range of media. Here are some of the highlights:
To access the rest of the news please visit the Fish 2.0 website
- Virgin Unite, Your Share of the Ocean: Blue Business Opportunities
- RSF Social Finance, Fish 2.0 Competition Attracts 170 Businesses; Seeks Judges and Advisors
- Bloomberg, Tracing the Fish on Your Plate Back to the Sea
Registration Coming Soon: Fish 2.0 Finals at Stanford on November 10-11, 2015
The Fish 2.0 Finals will be held at Stanford University Nov. 10-11, 2015. Seating will be limited and priority will be given to investors and all those who participate in Fish 2.0 during 2015. We will be sending out registration information later this month.
We look forward to seeing those of you who participate in Fish 2.0 there!
For more information on Fish 2.0, please visit www.fish20.org or contact email@example.com