The Week in Review...
• For the third consecutive week US equities fell amid global concerns and continuing spike volatility within commodities.
• Due to increasing fears over global deflation Treasury’s 10 year yield fell to the lowest point since 2013.
• Oil continued to drop for the week, closing at a 5 year low of $45.89 on Tuesday.
• For December, the industrial production declined 0.1%, consumer price index decline 0.4% producer price index declined 0.3% and retail sales declined 0.9%.
• Small-cap stocks outperformed large-cap stocks while large-cap growth performed in-line with large-cap value stocks.
• Utilities and telecom were the best performing sectors for the week while financials and info tech were the worst performing sectors.