The Week in Review...
• Long term treasury prices rose moderately while short term treasury prices dropped slightly as the European Central Bank announced a stimulus program that exceeded investors’ expectations.
• Equities were positive for their first week of 2015 as the S&P rose over 1.6%.
• Oil continued to fall 7%.
• For December, existing home sales rose 2.4% and housing starts rose 4.4%
• Large-cap stocks outperformed small-cap stocks while large-cap growth stocks outperformed large-cap value stocks.
• 9 out of 10 sectors were positive for the week with info tech and industrials as the best performing sectors and telecom and materials as the worst.