The chaplain is in the UK until the end of August
if you have any queries, please contact the church administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will pass on the query to someone who can help you.
Each Sunday there will be an 11am service of morning prayer We regret that during July and August there will not be a staffed creche.
The service will be live streamed on our facebook page and homepage of our website Refreshments are served after the service. The youth group will meet after the service.
There will be a communion service at the Moscow Protestant Chaplaincy service in St Andrew's at 3pm on Sunday 1 August
During July and August we will not be live streaming morning prayer.
However by following the link below, you can find both the text and listen to morning or evening prayer being read. You can also download the free app Daily Prayer.
Glen is being ordained deacon by Bishop David at the Queen’s Royal Chapel of the Savoy, the private chapel of the Queen, as Duke of Lancaster, on Savoy Hill, on Sunday 18th July at 11am (UK time). The chaplain won't be able to attend because he will still be in quarantine, but Alison will go as the representative of the chaplaincy. Unfortunately the service cannot be live streamed. Please pray for him. The photo is from when Glen was licensed as a Reader in St Andrew's.
St Andrew's bookshop
Second hand English bookshop in the chapter room of St Andrews Anglican church. All books 100 roubles. The bookshop is open every day. Usually the only time you can't get in is during a concert when it is used as a green room. You can check concert times here https://moscowanglican.org/bookings-calendar/
Charity clothes lavochka
Our second hand clothes lavochka will continue to run. It is downstairs in room 4 and is open on Saturday afternoons from 2 till 5pm. If you are able to donate clothes please bring them to church, and tell the guard that they are for the lavochka..
The Restoration Challenge
The restored west end of the Church. We are waiting for the day when the rest of the church will be like this!!
The restoration challenge continues! Our task for this year is to raise funds for the design projects and architects' drawings for both the church interior and parsonage. These are required before we can do any further actual works. Last year, because of COVID, we did not even attempt to fundraise, and our target for this year is $135000.
We are always looking for people who can help with welcoming, reading or leading intercession. If you are already on the rota for welcoming, reading or leading intercessions, the sign up sheet is available here. If you are currently not on the rotas, and would like to be on the rota, please email Giles
GIVING TO ST ANDREW'S
We have a card terminal available after the service for people who wish to make a donation to St Andrew's. We also have the facility for people who wish to make a gift in Rubles via the QR code. The QR code can only be used if you have a Sberbank account. If you use another bank in Russia, or are from overseas, please click below to find other ways to give to St Andrew's.
- Pray that this summer will be a time for personal spiritual growth, and for church growth. Pray for those leading and preaching at services: for Nicolette, Giles, Michael, Mary and Daniel. Pray for our youth group and for Wednesday evening prayers
- Pray for work continuing on the building, particularly the basement parsonage windows, and for our ongoing fundraising and planning for the restoration. Pray for Pat. Dmitry and Gregory.
- Pray for Glen Ruffle who will be ordained deacon on 19 July, as he prepares to join us in Moscow as curate in September. Pray for Mary as she leaves for the UK in early September to serve as a ministry experience scheme intern in Salcombe.
- Pray for those leaving and those arriving in Moscow. Pray for people travelling, for safety and guidance. Pray for Miriam and Angela hoping to return to Moscow. Pray for those arriving in Moscow for the first time, and for those who are leaving. Pray particularly for students arriving here, and pray that we will be welcoming.
- Pray for those unable to travel, especially those separated for many months from their families. Pray especially for our Indonesian and Sri Lankan students
- Pray for the St Petersburg Anglican community, for Maria the church warden, and for Christ Church in Kyiv (and Kristina the warden). Pray also for MPC making plans for their future, and for pastor Jessica.
- Pray for those in need, continuing to pray for Luke. Pray for Sasha and the family. Pray for those who grieve, as we thank God for the great hope that he has given us in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
HELP US TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU
If you are not on our whatsapp info group (it is just for information and is not a 'chat group'), and you would like to join, please click here
If you would like to join the facebook community group, please go to our facebook page and ask to join the group.
In normal times this is usually sent as a weekly update by email. If you would like to receive it, sign up here