The 11am service is live streamed on our facebook page, moscowanglican or the home page of www.standrewsmoscow.com, and are then put on our YouTube channel. We would love to be able to live stream directly to our YouTube channel, but for this to happen we need 1000 subscriptions. So far we only need 851 more subscribers!! Please do subscribe and ask others to do so.
Our Sunday school is currently not meeting, but we will provide sheets and a take away bag (with craft and snack) to occupy children during the service, and we will also try to involve them a bit in the services.
There is, however, an area for small children in the chapter room (the room next to the church), but they need to be accompanied and we ask you to bring toys along with you.
Wednesday 27 January 7:30 pm Evening Prayer, followed by a reflective Bible study and the Jesus Prayer (The chaplain is at a special service for the week of prayer for Christian Unity at St Mary's Catholic Cathedral, Malaya Gruzinskaya, at 6pm)
Sunday 31 January (The Presentation of Christ in the Temple) 9:00 am Holy Communion
(using the traditional language of the Book of Common Prayer) 11:00 am Holy Communion
READING IN CHURCH AND LEADING INTERCESSIONS
If you are already on the rota for welcoming, reading or leading intercessions, the sign up sheet is available here.
We need people to welcome, read and lead the intercessions at our services.
if you are currently not on the rotas, and would like to be on the rota, please email Giles
We now have the facility for people who wish to make a gift in Rubles (RUB) via Sperbank. If you have an account with Sperbank there is no commission. If you use another bank there may be a small commission. Please use the QR code below.
The 'Daily Prayer' app from the Church of England, which offers morning and evening prayer, is quite long and wordy. Many people are finding that the app Time to Pray is more helpful. It has a shortened form of daily prayer, which can be read or listened to. Try it out by clicking here!
READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN A YEAR
There are several helpful plans to help us read through the Bible in the YouVersion or Bible app.
- We thank God for the unity that different churches and denominations have in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We pray for unity, for wisdom in discussion of differences and for those areas where believers can work together. We give thanks to God for several evangelical churches who use our building for weddings, and for the friendship that we have with our Lutheran, Catholic and Orthodox neighbours.
- We pray for the United States, for the new president and administration, and for healing and reconciliation. pray for Christian Unity.
- Continue to pray for the restoration project. Our initial request for funding for work on the roof was not accepted, and we need to resubmit papers. Pray also for our need in 2021 to find about $150k for the next stages of the work.
- Pray for the Anglican community in St Petersburg and for Maria the church warden.
- Pray for our guards. Some of them are going through difficult times. We pray for (the older) Volodya, after the death of his wife last week. We give thanks for (the younger) Voldoya, who has been sick, but who has been able to be back at work for the last few weeks. Continue to pray for him as he waits for an operation early this year. Please continue to pray for Sergei who is critically ill. We pray too for Vitaly who has been appointed as a temporary guard.
HELP US TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU
If you are not on our whatsapp info group (it is just for information and is not a 'chat group'), and you would like to join, please click here
If you would like to join the facebook community group, please go to our facebook page and ask to join the group.
If you would like to receive this weekly update as an email, sign up here