Over the past week I had what I thought was a cold - a bit of a headache, cough and runny nose. Today, just to be on the safe side before the service tomorrow, I took a rapid COVID test and it came out positive. I'm getting a more official test done tomorrow, but in the meantime have to assume that I have COVID. As a result we will only have a service at 11am when I will do a recorded talk, and I have asked all those who have been with me for more than 15 minutes in the last week, in a closed area without a mask (according to WHO/CDC advice), not to attend the service - because they could potentially have been infected.
We will postpone the nativity play to next week.
12.30 pm Groups after the service The Confirmation group will not be meeting this week
Youth group: to be arranged.
Refreshments will be served after the service and there will be the opportunity to buy Advent Calendars, cards, Christmas puddings, mince pies and other items that would have been sold at the Christmas Bazaar
Our Sunday school is currently not meeting, but we will provide sheets and a take away bag (with craft and snack) to occupy children during the service, and we will also try to involve them a bit in the services.
There is, however, an area for small children in the chapter room (the room next to the church), but they need to be accompanied and we ask you to bring toys along with you.
If you are already on the rota for welcoming, reading or leading intercessions, the sign up sheet is available here.
We need people to welcome, read and lead the intercessions at our services.
if you are currently not on the rotas, and would like to be on the rota, please email Giles
PRAYER THIS WEEK
- Pray that, in the middle of all the uncertainty and unpredictability, we will know God's protection and peace. Pray particularly for our Carol service next week
- Pray for the children of St Andrew's, particularly as the Sunday school has not been able to meet in person for many weeks. Pray that our children will continue to grow in their Christian understanding, and in their faith in Jesus. Pray for parents as they teach children at home, that they will know what to say and do.
- Continue to pray for the restoration project particularly as we submit documents requesting funding for work on the roof. Pray for our need next year to find about $150k for the next stages of the work.
- Please pray for all of us, that we keep healthy and responsible. Pray for those who do have COVID seriously. Pray for the chaplain and pray that Alison will not be infected
- Pray for those who are sick - for patience and for healing. Continue to pray for Volodya our guard.
HELP US TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU
If you are not on our whatsapp info group (it is just for information and is not a 'chat group'), and you would like to join, please click here
If you would like to join the facebook community group, please go to our facebook page and ask to join the group.
If you would like to receive this weekly update as an email, sign up here
Религиозная Организация «Англиканская церковь в Москве»
Verger: Marina Putrenko
Chaplain: Rev Canon Malcolm Rogers
Wardens: Dan Culbertson, Daniel Wamriew