Cover & Rossiter Quarterly Newsletter

Greetings to all of our clients, friends and associates. With tax season upon us, our staff has been very busy! We hope you find the financial advice and updates about the firm to be informative and helpful: 

Within The Firm:

We're Hiring! Administrative Assistant

Cover & Rossiter, a Certified Public Accounting and Advisory firm, is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant with an Associates degree or five to eight years of relevant experience who values his or her work-life balance. Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits.

Recent Publications:

Financial Resources

Claiming the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
If you’re a small business owner with fewer than 25 full-time equivalent employees you may be eligible for the small business health care credit.

Cut Your Tax Bill with Home Energy Credits

Did you know that it’s possible to trim your tax bill and save on your energy bills with certain home improvements? Here are some key facts you should know about home energy tax credits.
Medical and Dental Expenses May Impact Your Taxes
Medical expenses can trim taxes. Keeping good records and knowing what to deduct make all the difference. Here are four tips to help taxpayers know what qualifies as medical and dental expenses.

ACA Tax Facts for Individuals and Families

The Affordable Care Act contains two provisions that may affect your 2016 tax return: the individual shared responsibility provision and the premium tax credit. Here’s what you should know:

Word Count
Written by Peter Kennedy, Director

Find out the issues with our current tax code, and how it can be resolved.

IRAs & Your 2016 Tax Return

Taxpayers often have questions about Individual Retirement Arrangements or IRAs. Common questions include: When can a person contribute, how does an IRA impact taxes, and what are other common rules. If you have questions, here’s what you need to know:

Tax Tips for the Self-Employed

If you are a self-employed, you normally carry on a trade or business. Sole proprietors and independent contractors are two types of self-employed individuals. If this applies to you, there are a few basic things you should know about how your income affects your federal tax return:

We hope you have enjoyed our latest issue of Tradition. Our goal is to become your leading financial resource, and we hope that you will find this information helpful. We welcome your questions and comments about any of the topics included in this newsletter. If you have any financial concerns or questions that you would like addressed, please don't hesitate to contact us directly. You can keep up with the latest Cover & Rossiter news by following us on social media!