Call for Committees
For the coming semester we are looking for new committee members again. Do you want to contribute to organising conflict-related events such as lectures, documentary screenings or the Big Study Trip? Do you want to build your CV whilst also having fun with your fellow committeemembers? Join one of our committees for the perfect combination of fun and networking within and outside the university!
Positions are open for the following committees:
- Academic Committee: help expand the academic ties of CS Ubuntu to the university, network with the Centre for Conflict Studies. You'll organise education evaluation programs for the conflict studies minor as well as attend meetings that will help us build a academic base within the university.
- Conflict Academy Committee: organise one of the most exciting events of the year: the Conflict Academy, in which a conflict similuation is set up and participants are divided into negotiating groups with different backgrounds. Help write the narrative, organise the lectures on the topic and be the game master on the event itself!
- Study Trip Committee: help organise the Big Study Trip to Morocco and be in charge on the trip itself. Have you always wanted to organise a trip for a group of people, leading them through a foreign country and network with local ngos and other government agencies? Join the Study Trip Committee!
- Lecture Committee: organise lectures on conflict topics and help find speakers. This semester you will also be responsible for organising the dies symposium to celebrate CS Ubuntu's birthday.
- Activities Committee: has the honor of organising a variety of interesting and fun activities throughout the year. Expect trips to governmental institutions, NGO’s, intriguing movie nights, international food evenings, pub quizzes, and, of course, our monthly drinks!
If you are interested, please send an short application to email@example.com including your motivation and for which committee you're applying.
On Wednesday 6 February, we are hosting a little committee info evening, in which we tell you more about the committees and what it means to be a part of them. Afterwards, we are having some drinks, so plenty of time to discuss the options.
Big Study Trip: Morocco
From the 12th to the 19th of April your very own Study Trip Committee will take you on a trip to Tanger and Rabat, to visit a wide array of NGO’s, government agencies and expert individuals who busy themselves with human rights issues and refugee policy. Yes, that’s right; no topic is discussed more and we intend to literally present to you those who are in the thick of it. Next to this unique perspective on the human rights and refugee situation in Morocco, there will be optional visits to the beautiful medina-blue town of Chefchaouen and the city of Casablanca.
Registration closes on Friday 8th of February!
Sign up through this link!