When thinking about writing this post I felt a bit like Meredith telling Derek to choose me, love me in the episode on March 29th, 2008.
Telling people to “choose me” feels a bit awkward to me. In my career as an early years teacher, it was not something that was done, except in a few cases when a difficult child was coming into my grade and then it was more: “please do not choose me!’
But I’ve gotten used to the idea of asking people to choose me and I understand the need for self promotion. I’ve done my research. I’m always googling Winnipeg photographers and looking at other photographer’s work. There are an astounding number of family, newborn and wedding photographers in Winnipeg and a lot of them are doing great work.
So the question that comes up for me, is why should someone choose ChrisMcWilliamsPhotography out of all the others?
So I came up with these basic reasons:
You should choose ChrisMcWilliamsPhotography because:
- I have a comfortable in-home studio with a separate room for you to feed and change your baby, or for your kids to play in.
- I have a lot of different coloured blankets, hats, headbands and containers for your baby if you’re coming for a newborn session.
- I give you the option of having the session in your own home.
- I am infinitely patient and will spend as much time as is needed to get the photos of your newborn or children.
- I love newborns and children. I love cuddling newborns and I love playing with kids and interacting with them.
- I am experienced and have been doing portrait and wedding photography for about 6 years.
- I will edit your images to your satisfaction and am an expert in all things Photoshop.
- I will make your session fun and easy.
- I have won awards for my photography.
Those are all good reasons but most of those dozens of other photographers can say those very same things.
So I had to look beyond the basic reasons for why a client should choose me, and I came up with the following “beyond the basics” reasons:
- I don’t try to sell you hundreds of dollars worth of products. My prices are clearly stated and I will be happy to sell you a canvas wrapped 20′x30′ print of your family portrait but I won’t be trying to hard sell one to you. That is how some photographers make most of their money.
- You will have a private viewing gallery for 2 weeks and not 2 days and I will re-list your gallery or keep it online for longer if you need more time. There is no cost involved in this and I have unlimited storage on my website, so you can take your time choosing your images without any pressure.
- I guarantee customer satisfaction and will redo your session or offer you a refund if you are not happy with your images.
- I have many years experience as an early years teacher and I know kids. I still substitute teach so I know what your kids are learning in different grades. I know kids and I love kids. I have 2 kids and 1 grandson so I have seen all stages of childhood.
So there is it.
And Derek did choose Meredith.
I hope I have convinced you to choose me!
That’s me with Ashton, my favorite guy anywhere and also my grandson! And he choose me to visit this summer for 3 glorious fun-filled weeks! How cool is that?
And finallyLove this one. Wish I had had my "real" camera with me last night at the Paul McCartney concert. The visuals were almost as amazing as the music! As it was, I used my iPhone which also goes to prove that the best camera is the one that you have with you!
Yours in Photography,