Walking Tour of White Flint
You're Invited to a community Walking Tour of White Flint on Saturday, October 11th at 9:15am!
- What: An approximately one-mile Walking Tour around White Flint
- Who: The tour will be led by former Governor Parris Glendening, President of Smart Growth America's Leadership Institute, and Friends of White Flint's Lindsay Hoffman
- When: Saturday, October 11th at 9:15 am (the tour will last around 75 minutes)
- Where: We'll gather at the Pike Central Farmers Market (at the corner of Executive Boulevard and Old Georgetown Road)
- Why: The tour will focus on current conditions and planned improvements to the pedestrian environment in White Flint, highlighting the challenge of balancing the needs of all of the roads' users while we transform this area. Learn more by clicking here.
BRT Corridor Advisory Committees
As Montgomery County's Department of Transportation (MCDOT) and the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) work toward implementing our Rapid Transit Network, they'd like the input from community stakeholders on how the system will look, run and feel. Residents, businesses and other members of the community are invited to apply for a BRT Corridor Advisory Committee. This small investment of your time will pay dividends for the future of our county. It's crucial that engaged and interested Friends apply - please read more by clicking here! The application deadline is November 21st.
As always, you may email any questions/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org!