"The Purging of Chicago,"
dictation delivered by Mighty Victory
on February 1, 1987
- LISTEN: Disc 2 Track 7 of The Mandate of Victory Audio Album
- READ: Chapter 32 (pp. 293-300), The Mandate of Victory book (also published in the Pearls of Wisdom®, Vol. 30 No. 5, February 2, 1987)
After you have completed the assignment above, answer the study questions below. You can download these study questions as a PDF here.
Study Question 1
- As is the custom of the master, he tells us that he comes for a specific purpose and to perform a specific action.
- What did he tell the people of Chicago? (p. 293)
Study Question 2
- Beloved Victory had the support of the LORD to enter the city of Chicago.
- What direction did the LORD give to Victory? (p. 293)
Note: When the word Lord is capitalized, the capitalized LORD stands for I AM THAT I AM or the I AM Presence.
Study Question 3
- What magnificent dispensation did the master announce to those in attendance? (p. 293)
- Please create a call from this dispensation and include this call in your daily decrees.
Study Question 4
- Beloved Victory cried as the LORD God and Archangel Michael cried over earth’s conditions. In response to their lamentations, an angel stepped forward and spoke. (p. 293)
- Which angel stepped forward and what did the angel say? (p. 293)
Study Question 5
- The master communicated a vision and an action taken in the past by the current generation of lightbearers. What did the master say to them? (p. 294)
Study Question 6
- Beloved Victory asks us to receive the inverting of the Great Divine Director’s rod of power. (p. 294)
- What grace is released through this act of inversion? (p. 294)
Study Question 7
- The master enlightens us on the two types of victory. He said:
“There is a victory of the flesh. There is the victory of the spirit. One enters the other, and the soul who is the bride of Christ does enter the transfiguration of her Lord.” (p. 294)
- Then Victory delivered a dispensation to our soul. What dispensation did we receive? (p. 294)
Study Question 8
- Beloved Victory reminds us:
“Beloved, the hour of victory is that for which you have been prepared and for which you have prepared yourselves diligently. And yet you have reached the ceiling of the offerings of Church and State—the politicians, the economists, and the wolves in sheep’s clothing everywhere apparent and nonapparent yet most transparent to us….” (p. 294)
- What reasons does the master give for the ceiling of the offerings of Church and State? (pp. 294-295)
- What tragic outcome did the master identify in leadership due to the lack of divine solutions? (p. 295)
Study Question 9
- What antidote does Victory ascribe for the ineffectiveness of human solutions? (p. 295)
Study Question 10
- As a “torch bearer of an age,” what questions does Victory pose to you? (p. 297)
- What is your response to each of his questions? Record your responses in your Victory Journal.
Study Question 11
- How does Victory describe the “spiritual man?” (p. 296)
Study Question 12
- The master tells us that it is not uncommon for the energies of anti-victory to surface as depression, defeatism, and cynicism in the presence of the angels of victory. When these energies of anti-victory surface, what course of action faces us? (pp. 296-297)
- Record in your Victory Journal the action you will take when you observe yourself expressing the consciousness of anti-victory.
Study Question 13
- The master further impresses upon our soul the path to Victory.
“Understand that anti-victory as defeatism must be defeated by you within yourself, within the mind and the subconscious, by an act of will and a decision that says, ‘I can do all things through God, who strengthens me.’ There is not victory without him. And in him you live and he in thee, beloved.” (p. 297)
- Please post the words, “I can do all things through God, who strengthens me” somewhere that you are able to view them daily. Then begin your day and by reciting “I can do all things through God, who strengthens me.”
Study Question 14
- Victory asks us to surrender one idea. What idea did he ask us to surrender? (p. 297)
Study Question 15
- In this dictation the master reminds us, “Remember the key word of the Son of God.” (p. 297)
- Why did he include this reminder in his address? (p. 297)
- Identify the key word and write it in your Victory Journal. (p. 297)
Study Question 16
- Beloved Victory admonishes us not to fall for the fallacy that he or other ascended masters are responsible for earth’s victory.
“Beloved, you are in the world, not I. You cannot say that Mighty Victory is the light of the world. But you can say, ‘I am the spirit of Mighty Victory incarnate! And the I AM THAT I AM of me is the light of victory in the earth.’” (p. 297)
- As a “torchbearer of an age,” what significance does the master’s words have for you? Please record your response in your Victory Journal.
Study Question 17
- The master tells us, “There is only one God you can know…” Then he implores us to listen to the voice that speaks in your heart. (p. 298)
- Whose voice is this and where does it come from? (p. 298)
Study Question 18
- Beloved Victory informs us that a vortex of fire has been building from the onset of his dictation. He offers the following details on this vortex of fire:
“It is composed of millions of angels, beloved, and of the fire they have brought from the Central Sun for this occasion of our communion of saints as Above, so below.” (p. 298
- What action did the master assign to this vortex of fire? (p. 298)
- How will this action be accomplished? (pp. 298-299)
- If the action is not accomplished, what conditions will we see on earth? (p. 299)
- If the action is accomplished, what conditions will we see on earth? (p. 299)
Study Question 19
- The master delivered a magnificent dispensation for the city of Chicago and her people. (p. 299)
- Please describe the dispensation and what the dispensation is to accomplish? (p. 229)
Study Question 20
- In this dictation Beloved Victory refers to the Fourth Horseman and the challenge of death that it brings to our doorstep. (p.299)
Note: The Fourth Horseman is the last of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and is spoken of in Revelation 6: 7-8 in the Bible. The fourth and final Horseman is named Death. For more information on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse#Pale_Horse.
- What challenge does this Fourth Horseman drop on our doorstep? (p. 299)
- How is this challenge being outplayed in the world today?
Study Question 21
- What solution does Victory give to turn back the forces of darkness that have plagued the city of Chicago and her people in past ages? (p. 300)
Study Question 22
- Before concluding his address, Beloved Victory delivered three gifts. (p. 300)
- Please identify the three gifts he released and the purpose of each of the gifts. (p. 300)
Missed a Week? Need the book or audio album?
View all of the weeks, as well as links to purchase the book and audio album on our website: http://summituniversity.org/VictoryArchive
Next Week: "The Victory of Freedom"