December 2015 International Student Newsletter:

Congratulations to our December International Student Graduates, Travel Outside of the U.S., and Winter Break

Travel Outside the U.S.

As you prepare for winter break, please review the following information if you plan to travel outside the U.S. For travel to any country other than your home country, you must check with the Consulate of the country you would like to visit to inquire about specific entry procedures.
Prior to traveling outside of the U.S., Sara must sign your I-20 or DS-2019.

This signature confirms to the inspectors at the border when you re-enter that you have been a student at Edgewood College and are expected to return.
To get Sara’s signature on your I-20:
  • Register for at least 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate credits for the spring semester.
  • Submit to CGE the “International Student Endorsement Request,” your I-20, and a copy of your course schedule for the upcoming semester.
  • Pick-up your signed I-20 or DS-2019 in the CGE in 2 business days.
To re-enter the United States, you will need:
  • A valid passport.
  • A valid visa.
  • Your I-20 or DS-2019 from Edgewood College properly endorsed for travel.
Also recommended to travel with:
  • Current financial support documents.
  • Transcript or course schedule for the upcoming semester (evidence of student status).
  • Sara’s contact information.
Please read the “Travel Outside the United States” section of our website for complete details.

Safe travels!
Winter Break
The College will be closed from December 24—January 3.
Normal business hours will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016.
Spring semester classes will begin on Tuesday, January 19, 2016. 

If you live on campus...
  • Residence halls will close on Friday, December 18 at 6:00 pm.  
  • Residence halls will reopen on Sunday, January 17 at 12pm.
  • Students taking Winterim classes, working on campus or participating in athletics may return to campus on January 3, 2016 starting at noon provided they have completed a break agreement form in the Office of Residence Life, Predolin 215.  Students needing housing outside of these dates should contact the Office of Residence Life as soon as possible.
  • If you plan to stay on campus during Winter Break, you need to contact Claire Mand in the Office of Residence Life  (x3228 or Predolin 215) as soon as possible. For Phil’s and Wingra Café’s Winter Break schedule, please visit the Dining Services website at

Follow on Twitter    Friend on Facebook    Forward to Friend 
Copyright © 2015 Center for Global Education, Edgewood College, All rights reserved.
Visit our website: