International Education Week
This week is International Education Week --- Please join in the festivities!!
Tuesday: International Food Day from 11:30am-1:30pm at Washburn Heritage.
Wednesday: International Trivia Night from 7pm - 9pm in Predolin Commons.
Friday: Study Abroad Student Gallery Reception from 3pm-4pm in the Stream, Atrium.
Class Registration for Spring 2015 Semester
Begins November 18
The course offerings for the spring semester are now available on Edgewood Express. The Registrar’s Office has emailed you a registration notice indicating the day & time you can register for classes for the spring 2015 semester. All undergraduate and post baccalaureate students must meet with their academic advisor before registering for courses. Your advisor will clear you for registration after your meeting.
Students Graduating in May 2015:
If you only need to take 1 or 2 classes to complete your academic program, you do not need to register as a full-time student during your last semester. If you will enroll in fewer than 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate credits, you need to submit an Application for a Reduced Course Load to the Center for Global Education by January 23.
If you plan to take a class at another college or university and would like those credits to count towards your full-time enrollment, you must submit the Dual Enrollment Approval Form to the Center for Global Education by January 23. Completion of this form requires a signature from your academic advisor. At least half of your credits must be taken at Edgewood College each semester.
Students with F-1 visas can take ONE online class (or 3 credits) each semester as part of their full-time status requirement. If you are in your last semester before completing your program and you are applying for a reduced course load (see “Students Graduating in May 2015” above), you must enroll in at least one class that meets face-to-face. In other words, if you are enrolling in only one course during your last semester, that class cannot be in an online format.
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, classes will end at 12pm on Wednesday, November 26 and the college will be closed November 27-28.
If you live on campus...
- Residence halls will close on Wednesday, November 26 at 6:00pm. Residence halls will reopen on Sunday, Nov 30 at 12pm and Phil’s will be open for dinner that evening. Regular hours in Phil’s and Wingra will resume on Monday.
- If you plan to stay on campus during Thanksgiving break, you need to contact Claire Mand in the Office of Residence Life (x3228 or Predolin 215) immediately.
Travel Outside the U.S.A.
As you prepare for winter break, please review the following information if you plan to travel outside the U.S. For travel to any country other than your home country, you must check with the Consulate of the country you would like to visit to inquire about specific entry procedures.
Prior to traveling outside of the U.S., Sara must sign your I-20 or DS-2019.
This signature confirms to the inspectors at the border when you re-enter that you have been a student at Edgewood College and are expected to return.
To get Sara’s signature on your I-20:
- Register for at least 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate credits for the spring semester.
- Submit to CGE the “International Student Endorsement Request,” your I-20, and a copy of your course schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Pick-up your signed I-20 or DS-2019 in the CGE in 2 business days.
To re-enter the United States, you will need:
- A valid passport.
- A valid visa.
- Your I-20 or DS-2019 from Edgewood College properly endorsed for travel.
Also recommended to travel with:
- Current financial support documents.
- Transcript or course schedule for the upcoming semester (evidence of student status).
- Sara’s contact information.