March 2015 International Student Newsletter:

Spring Break, Tax Information, and Last Day to Drop a Class: Thursday, April 2.

Spring Break
No classes: March 16 – March 20

Residence halls close on March 13 at 6 p.m. and re-open on March 22 at 12 p.m.  If you want to stay in your residence hall room during break, you must complete a Break Housing Request Form and submit it to the Office of Residence Life (Predolin 215). Contact Claire Mand if you have any questions.

If you plan to travel outside the U.S. during Spring Break, you may need a travel validation signature on your I-20 or DS-2019.  Review the "Travel Outside The US" section of the International Student Handbook for complete details. 

Tax Information

All students with F-1 and J-1 visas are expected to submit federal and state tax information for themselves and their dependents for each year that you live in the U.S.

Each year the Center for Global Education (CGE) provides a comprehensive tax guide for international students (link below). This guide is the only tax information that CGE provides for students. If you have specific questions or need individual assistance, please contact the resources listed on pages 3 & 4 of the guide.
2015 Tax Information for International Students With F-1 and J-1 Visas 

*Please remember that CGE staff do not offer individual tax advice.


Last Day to Drop a Class: Thursday, April 2nd

April 2 is the last day to withdraw from a class without receiving an ‘F’ on your transcript. 

Before you drop a class, please consider the following: 
All F-1 and J-1 visa holders must maintain full-time student status (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduates, 9 credits for Master’s level students and 6 credits for Doctoral level students).  If dropping a course will cause you to be under-enrolled, you must talk to Sara and complete the Reduced Course Load Application BEFORE dropping the course. 

Before completing a Reduced Course Load Application, do the following: 
Talk with your instructor to see if she/he recommends that you drop the course.
Talk with your academic advisor about the implications this may have on your progress towards completing your degree.
If you live on campus, stop by the Office of Residence Life in Predolin 215 to file a request to live on campus with part-time enrollment.
Follow on Twitter    Friend on Facebook    Forward to Friend 
Copyright © 2015 Center for Global Education, Edgewood College, All rights reserved.
                                                                      Visit our website: