Your Session met on Tuesday September 28.
- Video devotions and opening prayer by Rev. Friesen
Heard and approved Treasurer’s report from Tony Brannan, Jr.
Income for August, 2021 was $24,900 but expenses were $30,781 for a deficit of $5,871 for the month and for the year the deficit is $44,685
Areas to be followed up: Worship is $3800 over budget; Personnel budget costs can be covered by surplus in other budgets; Non-essential spending will be stopped; Grant from Presbytery of $20,000; Will submit some repairs to Foundation for reimbursement
The financial report was accepted unanimously.
- Made arrangements for communion on October 3 and November 7.
- Discussed possibility of a request to use space from a local Orthodox Presbyterian congregation. Requesting a proposal from them to be considered by the Session to find out if it is something to pursue. No decisions have been made.
- Began discussing preparations for Advent and Christmas celebrations, including a Zoom family advent celebration, outdoor tree lighting, play, Blue Christmas and 3 Christmas Eve services. Richard Easterlin will be in charge of the Christmas/Advent events with Nancy, Chris, and Mark as team members.
- Consecration Sunday & Celebration catered Lunch on the Lawn will be on Oct 31.
Approved minutes from August Session meeting.
Communion taken to Dr. Carl Brannan on 9/1
Children to be baptized in October: 10/10 Sienna Amarillas, 10/17 Eleanor Easterlin
Congregational Meeting on November 7 with slate for new elders available by Oct. 26 Session mtg.
- Pastor’s Report
- Administrative working on insurance quotes
- Building and Property:--Grant for church vitality from Presbytery of $20,000
- Communications Church Center App being used for registration , payment, and text messages:
- Christian Education, Membership and Fellowship : prayer requests can be sent to Prayer@hydeparkpres.com
as well as requested with prayer cards. Reaching out to college students
After prayers for the church and its people, the meeting was adjourned.