Off Peak Tariff Charges
Changes have occurred to the terms and conditions of off-peak tariffs in regards to restrictions and approved appliances. These changes are as follows:
- A customers off-peak tariff cannot be used for the purpose of filling a battery storage unit.
- Customers can now only connect the following Approved Items to an Off- Peak Tariff:
- Electric storage water heaters with thermostatically controlled or continuously operating heating units.
- Boost elements of Solar-heated water heaters.
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
- Pool Filtration Systems
- Other appliances including air conditioners, washing machines and dishwashers that have been previously approved to be hard wired to an economy tariff circuit. This means no new air conditioners, washing machines and dishwashers are allowed to be connected.