COVID-19 Community Update
April 10, 2020
In the afternoon of Thursday, April 9, we were informed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) that a male Member had been tested positive for COVID-19. We promptly made the decision to suspend all essential services and Members affected by this service disruption were notified immediately. Some of our staff team members worked through the night to perform activity tracing and contact tracing.
Clubhouse disinfection is taking place today.
We’ve tabulated some pertinent activity details in the table below for your easy reference.
*If you had visited the Gym male locker/changing room on March 21, within the timing of 5:45 p.m. – 6:35 p.m., please contact us at email@example.com to provide us with the following details:
The Member’s movements were limited to:
- Timing and duration of visit
- Name(s) of person(s) that you interacted with, in the locker/changing room
- Location of the interaction within the locker/changing room
- Any other pertinent details of your interaction
All other areas within the Clubhouse were not accessed.
- The Hostess stand and guest waiting area
- The Lobby, with relatively more time spent at the seating between the Front Desk and Tradewinds
- The Lobby male toilet
- The front section of the Tradewinds, namely the Takeaway counter, reception counter and first table nearest the restaurant entrance
- Central, with relatively more time spent at the first set of banquette seats next to the Travel Desk
- Grillhouse counter and water dispenser area
- Union Bar, brief interaction with staff at the Bar counter and near the emergency exit door; was not seated and did not dine
- Passenger lifts 2 and 3
- Gym counter area and male locker/changing room
All the Members and staff who have had close interactions with the Member, are being contacted by The Club today. You will be contacted by The Club if:
Based on the Ministry of Health’s policy, all persons who have had close contact with an infected individual for cumulative duration of 30 minutes or more on the same day, will be quarantined.
- You had interaction with the Member, even briefly
- You were in close proximity (within 2m) to the Member, even if there was no interaction
Based on our activity and contact tracing details, none of the Member nor staff interactions fall within the quarantine criterion.
Nonetheless, in view of the number of persons who have had interactions or have been in proximity to the Member, we have made the decision to close the Clubhouse completely for 14 days.
All essential services as permitted by the Ministry of Trade and Industry, including haircuts, TAC2Go! and Essentials2Go! will resume on April 18. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this decision.
At Home with The American Club
I’m pleased to share that the inaugural virtual sessions will commence on Saturday, April 11. Join your favorite instructors, coaches and staff team members as they bring you segments ranging from kids' activities, to fitness, wellness, and food & beverage appreciation.
Today is Good Friday. Let’s remain optimistic and stay united as we work through this situation together. Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Easter!
Acting General Manager
Whatsapp Broadcast Channel
If you have not subscribed to The Club’s Whatsapp Broadcast Channel, please do so. Click here for information.