The Club’s Safe Management Measures
July 13, 2020
|Dear <<First Name>>,
I hope that you and your loved ones are keeping well.
The Club reopened on June 19 and it has been wonderful seeing Members resume their Club routines. As the potential threat of a resurgence of community infections is very real, we must not let our guard down. We need to continue to prioritize the safety of Members and staff within our community by practicing good social responsibility and by adhering to The Club’s Safe Management Measures. These have been tabulated here for your easy reference.
I am writing today to provide some important clarifications and reminders on the government’s SafeEntry requirement, The Club’s access control procedures, as well as the requirement for the use of face masks.
Access Control & Membership Cards
- It is mandatory to personally Check In and Check Out using the SafeEntry app when entering or leaving The Club. Members must show their completed Check-In screen to staff for verification. Members should not ask Club staff to do the SafeEntry Check In on their behalf.
- Members who do not have the SafeEntry app on their mobile phones must have their photo identity on hand to facilitate Check In.
- Members who do not have the SafeEntry app nor photo identity on hand will not be permitted entry into The Club.
- For Members arriving in a group, SafeEntry Check In must be done by every person in the group aged 12 years and older. This applies to Members arriving by car too.
- Please note that each time you access the SafeEntry system, you are declaring that you are in compliance with government regulations under the Infectious Diseases Act (IDA). Misuse of the SafeEntry system not only risks the safety of all in our community but may result in serious consequences for The Club. It is an offence under the law for anyone to flout government regulations under the IDA or to provide inaccurate information to the Ministry of Health (MOH) during contact tracing.
- As SafeEntry verification is being done at the Club access points, please anticipate that entry to The Club may take a bit longer, particularly if you are driving. Please be patient and plan to arrive earlier for your Club appointments.
Use of Face Masks
- Current valid membership cards are required for admission to The Club. All card-carrying Members aged 12 and above must tap their Membership cards to enter The Club.
- To facilitate smooth entry into The Club, please have your membership card on hand for Membership verification.
- If you are arriving by car, every person in your car must have their membership card on hand to facilitate verification.
We refer to the latest guidelines from the Ministry of Health on the usage of face masks.
For Gym and Pool Users
- As a default, everyone must put on a face mask once they step out of their homes.
- Bandanas cannot be used in lieu of face masks.
- If you are planning to run in the vicinity of The Club or if you are cycling to The Club, please bring along a face mask and put it on before entering The Club premises. Members who do not have face masks on will not be permitted to enter The Club.
- When in common areas like the Lobby, the seating area next to the Union Bar lift lobbies, The Commons at Thinkspace, the B1 corridor leading to The Quad or the Car Park, please keep your face mask on.
- If you are drinking, you must put your face mask back on immediately after sipping.
- When taking phone calls, you must continue to keep your face mask on.
- When in the Gym, you must put your face mask back on immediately after completing your workout or stepping off the exercise machines. Please note that while face masks may be taken off during strenuous exercise, wearing your face mask is still recommended as good practice.
- When in the Locker Room, you must put your face mask back on immediately after your shower.
- Members making their way from the Gym or Pool to the locker rooms must have their face masks on.
The regulatory authorities have been making their rounds, stepping up spot checks and taking action against organizations that fail to execute Safe Management Measures in the post-reopening period. Penalties include stop-work orders and financial penalties, so The Club may be closed if Members and staff do not follow government guidelines. In fact, an F&B outlet at a social club was issued a closure notice by the authorities recently, after the authorities received reports of patrons' non-compliance with regulations pertaining to the use of face masks. As such, our Safe Distancing Ambassadors will be reinforcing these Safe Management Measures strictly, and the General Committee has approved disciplinary consequences for Members who:
- When dining at Club restaurants, you must keep your face mask on at all times, except when eating or drinking. This includes when waiting for your food and drinks to be served after being seated and/or between courses.
Please refer to the full list of disciplinary consequences that can be enforced by the General Committee here.
- Do not exercise social responsibility and who jeopardize the safety of fellow Members and staff during this COVID-19 period.
- Threaten or verbally abuse staff who are enforcing Safe Management Measures.
Thank you for being socially responsible and prioritizing the safety of everyone in our Club community. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acting General Manager
WhatsApp Broadcast Channel
If you have not subscribed to The Club’s Whatsapp Broadcast Channel, please do so. Click here for information.