Mister Rogers Movie Tonight?
Pastor Stewart is going to see the new movie staring Tom Hanks tonight at 6:40 pm at the Senator Theater. Buy your ticket first and then meet at 5:15pm at Zen West Mexican Restaurant before if you like for dinner. Email or text me if you want us to save you a seat.
We'll talk about Mister Rogers, his theology, and his legacy during the Forum on Faith at 9:15 am in Hart Hall this Sunday. If you have a cardigan, it would be a great day to wear it to church. Come hear the story of his sweaters!
It's a beautiful day in our neighborhood friends. You are special to me and the God we all serve together. I'm grateful to have you in my life. Stewart+
News of the Day
- The Church Council invites you to pray over your pledge card you should have received and bring it back this Sunday to one of the services. Can you increase your giving to Nativity and Holy Comforter by at least 10% this year? Fill one out online here.
- Please bring a dish to share for our Gratitude Potluck Lunch this Sunday after the 10:30 am service. Maybe your favorite Thanksgiving side dish or pie?
- Check out the Annual Meeting slideshow here. Congratulations to our three new Church Council members elected on Sunday. Amanda Eversley, Judy Jones and Margaret Raymond.
- The November newsletter is now online here.
Forum on Faith
November 24 – A Study of Mr. Roger
s. Pastor Stewart will lead the group in getting to know more about Mr. Rogers, a Presbyterian minister who was so caught by the lack of healthy TV programs for children that he decided to roll up his sleeves and create something himself. He created Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood. This year we celebrate the 50th anniversary of this PBS program. Pastor Stewart will help us learn more about Fred Rogers’ story.
Dec 1 – Loneliness at Holiday Times
– When everyone else is busy singing, attending parties, giving and receiving gifts, loneliness can hurt even more sharply. We will examine Holidays through the lens of loneliness, sharing stories of how we have coped and even thrived.
Dec 8 – Diocese of Jerusalem; Israel; Palestine
. Pastor Stewart and Neal Baroody share updates.
Dec 15 – Christmas in other Countries
. Lee Taylor presents. Come find out how other folks share this world-changing Holiday.
Dec 22 –Holiday Brunch
with special activities provided by Sam Dowding
Dec 29 – No Forum
. Come back for an interesting new season of classes in January!
This Chair Yoga class will help you build strength and endurance, increase flexibility, and improve your posture and balance. Special attention will be paid to bone health and preventing/reversing bone loss related to osteoporosis. It is designed for mid-life and older adults who may benefit from a slower pace and a recognition of age-related functional changes.
We will do seated chair poses and standing poses. Beginners are
welcome and encouraged. Please wear comfortable clothing that you can easily move in and bring some water to stay hydrated. Suggested donation for the class is $5.00. Please come join us for Chair Yoga in the Church. People interested in signing up, or have any questions, please
contact the teacher; Linda McGill at email@example.com
Chair Yoga in the Sanctuary at 10:00am
English Country Dancing in Hart Hall at 8:00pm
Community Yoga in Hart Hall at 7:00pm
Choir Practice at 7:30
CARES Food Pantry
Your donations throughout the summer have really made a difference to our neighbors in need. Needs: paper products, toiletries, cleaning supplies, pasta, sauce, peanut butter, jelly, canned tuna, and veggies. Also paper and reusable bags.