Stewart' Stewings. sen·ior·i·tis. /ˌsēnyəˈrīdəs/
Noun. HUMOROUS•US. a supposed affliction of students in their final year of high school or college, characterized by a decline in motivation or performance.
Someone close to me said they thought I had a bad case of senioritis, or more like sabbaticalitis. Indeed, the time is drawing near. Christmas Day will be my last service with you until March 29, the Sunday before Palm Sunday. I am so excited about this time away that it is sometimes hard to focus on the tasks at hand. Please don’t take it personally! I love you all dearly and will miss you terribly, but I can use some time for rest and renewal.
- This Sunday at the Forum on Faith, Pastor Stewart & Neal Baroody will discuss St. Nicholas and his connection to the Middle East. Come learn about the ministries of the Episcopal and Lutheran Churches in Bethlehem, Jerusalem and beyond.
- Please bring your completed Stockings for the Salvation Army this week and some donations for the Sunday School's Diaper Drive!
- We'll have a special Fourth Sunday of Advent, December 22 with a Potluck Brunch and fun at 9:15 am. After the 10:30 am service, the children will have a presentation for us in Hart Hall as we sing carols and help retell the Christmas Story with them. Families, please do you best to have your kids here by 10:30 am on December 15 & 22.
- The funeral service for Elvira Hall is Saturday, December 7 at 9:30 am at Marsh Funeral Home East. March Funeral Home-East. 1101 East North Avenue.
Friday, December 13 at 7:30 p.m.
Ensemble Galilei’s Concert
The music is amazing - come celebrate the holidays with us! Liz Knowles on fiddle (who for two years was the solo fiddler for Riverdance and now hails from Portland, Maine), Sue Richards, four-time US National Harp Champion, from Asheville on Celtic harp, Jackie Moran, one of the finest Irish musicians in the world flies in from Chicago with his bodhran and banjo, Preston Wilde Howard brings his Uilleann pipes, Irish flutes and whistle comes from Portland OR, and Carolyn Surrick on viola da gamba. $25/adults. $20 students & seniors. Tickets at the door or online here.
ShareBaby was founded in November of 2014 by three local moms who wanted to meet the desire of mothers to share their new or gently used baby items with the families that need them most. ShareBaby began collecting from friends and family and storing donations in their basements and garages. By the summer of 2015, they had distributed more than 14,000 items to children in need. In August of 2015, ShareBaby started Baltimore’s first diaper bank to meet this specific deficiency in public assistance to mothers and babies. https://sharebaby.org The Nativity Comforter Sunday School is hosting a diaper drive for ShareBaby-- a local diaper bank for families in need. We are accepting donations now through Dec. 20th. Here is a list of items, keeping in mind that packs of diapers can be new or opened:
- Diapers (sizes 1-6)
- Diaper Cream/ointment
- Baby Oil, Lotion, Wash, Shampoo or Powder
- Pull-ups (Sizes 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T)
If you have any questions about the ShareBaby Diaper Drive, please contact Amanda Eversley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum on Faith
Each Sunday we gather at 9:15 am in Hart Hall for coffee, snacks and conversation about our faith, the world, and how we can make a difference.
Dec 8 – Diocese of Jerusalem; Israel; Palestine
. Pastor Stewart and Neal Baroody share updates.
Dec 15 – Christmas in other Countries
. Lee Taylor presents. Come find out how other folks share this world-changing Holiday.
Dec 22 –Holiday Brunch
with special activities provided by Sam Dowding
Dec 29 – No Forum
. Come back for an interesting new season of classes in January!
This Chair Yoga class will help you build strength and endurance, increase flexibility, and improve your posture and balance. Special attention will be paid to bone health and preventing/reversing bone loss related to osteoporosis. It is designed for mid-life and older adults who may benefit from a slower pace and a recognition of age-related functional changes.
We will do seated chair poses and standing poses. Beginners are welcome and encouraged. Please wear comfortable clothing that you can easily move in and bring some water to stay hydrated. Suggested donation for the class is $5.00. Please come join us for Chair Yoga in the Church. People interested in signing up, or have any questions, please contact the teacher; Linda McGill at email@example.com