It’s been a busy week here at the church. Dottie’s been manning the desk. Mary Schwartz and Sue Fowler have been putting together our magnificent “All Saints’ / Welcome to Fall / Stewardship / We Love You Bags”, and members of my music group Ensemble Galilei have been up in Hart Hall, recording a new project.
Sue and Mary have been working on this for months. Pastor Stewart and I have spent the last couple of weeks collecting, writing, printing and preparing. Now, finally, bags are being labeled, put in alphabetical order, filled with cool stuff and most importantly, joy is being creating.
It’s hard right now. Fall is in the air. All Saints’ is right around the corner. There are opportunities to grieve everywhere you turn. But, we are here. Together. We are in this community of God, and Jesus, and the Holy Ghost, and if that weren’t enough, we have Pastor Don and Pastor Stewart when things get tough. I’ll be back in the office on Monday, but we’re checking in every day, and if you have an emergency, please call Pastor Don.
PS The thing about this time of year in the woods is that while it’s true that the trees are dropping their leaves, letting us know that winter is coming, the forest floor is a golden glow. Life coming and going. Kinda perfect.
- Wednesday Night Live TONIGHT at 7:30pm with Compline Evening Prayers and Conversation. Click this link or call 1-301-715-8592 then enter 82573335080#.
- The Cares Food Pantry is putting together holiday baskets. Please bring the following items to the church in the next few weeks. They also have a great Amazon Wish List set up. You can order items and have the sent directly to the pantry. canned sauerkraut, canned cranberry sauce, can (or jar) of gravy, boxed stuffing, boxed mashed potatoes, boxed elbow macaroni, can of turkey or chicken broth, large can of yams, jello/pudding, boxed cake mix, can of cake icing.
- Faith-Filled Generosity is the Stewardship theme this year. There will be special bags for you to pick up in the church office next Monday - Friday. If you need us to drop your bag off at your house, please email the office. The bags will also contain the All Saints' Sunday bulletin as well as communion that we will share together during that November 1 service.
- There's still time to send in your All Saints' Pictures. Please email your pictures to Pastor Stewart with the names of each person you would like to share with the wider community during our remembrance video on Sunday November 1. The deadline is Sunday, October 25.
- Our Presiding Bishops have been sharing many resources and videos for us during these pandemic times. Please watch the videos below where they both address the current state of our country and invite us to engage in holy conversation and action together.
- Our Annual Meeting is Sunday November 8 following the 10:30 am Zoom worship service. The Church Council has approved the following slate of candidates for three Council positions to be filled. Nancy Fenton, Diane Macklin, and John McConnell. Thank you for your willingness to serve the church in this way!
- Sunday Communion @ 9:00 am outside Followed by Worship Service and Coffee Hour @ 10:30 am on Zoom. Click here to join or call in +13017158592, 81549645294#. Pastor Stewart will be preaching. Reformation Sunday: Reformed and Always Reforming. We'll send the bulletin out on Saturday.