Note From Our Executive Director
I am constantly amazed at how donations come in, exactly when they are needed most! We recently received over 100 pair of brand new shoes, courtesy of The Shoes for Tampa Bay effort. That very same day, a single mother of 3 wept as each of her children gleefully kicked off their flip flops and were fitted with brand new school shoes! I am so thankful that ECHO is here to connect those with the ability to share with those in need!
Come Discover ECHO.....
Have you ever wondered what happens to the donations you give to ECHO? This is your opportunity to come in and see how your donations are put to good use! Sign up to take a tour and see what's happening at ECHO of Brandon. Learn about our programs and see how those programs, along with our dedicated volunteers and staff, impact your community each day!! All are welcome! Attend as an individual, a group or come as a family.
Our upcoming tours are scheduled for:
Thursday September 3rd at 2:00 pm,
Tuesday September 15th at 4:00 pm
Tuesday September 29th at 2:00 pm
We will happily schedule a private group tour for your friends, co-workers or small group.
Please RSVP to Laura@EchoFL.org or on the website.
There is so much good taking place at ECHO! We are grateful for the 40 student volunteers who gave 877 hours of service this summer. Their enthusiasm and energy were an encouragement to us all.
Upcoming September Event
- Trunk Show: Friday September 11th 6:00 pm-9:00 pm and Saturday September 12th, 8:00 am- noon. 100% of the proceeds benefit ECHO, sponsored by Brandon Legal Group @The Barn at Winthrop.
- ECHO Career Opportunity Showcase: Thursday, September 24th 10 am-1 pm @ The Boys and Girls Club of Brandon Anyone looking for work is invited to attend.
- ECHO Thrift Sale Saturdays: 8 am -Noon
September 19th and 26th
- Free Vision Screening: Monday Sept. 21st 9am-Noon, walk in's welcome
- EMPOWER ECHO fundraising breakfast: Brandon Elks Lodge, Wednesday October 28th 8 am-9 am
- GED Classes: Tuesdays and Fridays
9:00-Noon ( must register ahead to begin class/come in Tuesday/Wednesday between 9:30-11:30 am to register
- Retail Certification: September 10th
- Adult Healthy Living: Tuesday 9/22, 6 week class 10:00 am-Noon
- Mommy and Me: Wednesday 9/23, 6 week class 10:00 am- Noon
- $10 McDonald Gift Cards for our GED "Breakfast Club"
- Men's work boots
- Toiletries: deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, razors, bar soap and feminine products
- Commercial sewing machine
- Learn More at www.echofl.org