Note From Our Executive Director
Our client center has been a hub of activity! Parents have been signing up their children for our annual backpack event as well as receiving vouchers for new school shoes through our wonderful partnership with Suncoast. As August unfolds, preparations have begun in earnest to prepare for our first ever ECHO sponsored Job Fair! We are here to help with the pressing immediate needs, yet we are passionately focused on providing opportunities for the future. Please join us, August 11th @ 2 pm for our Discover ECHO tour. Come see first hand how lives are being changed each and every day, right in our own backyard..
Success Story: Meet Derek
Prior to becoming a client of ECHO, Derek was discouraged about his future.Upon walking through ECHO's door, he met with ECHO's HCC intern to meet his immediate need for food and clothing. Derek's living situation was unstable and he did not have secure employment. After spending time with the Client Service staff and getting his immediate needs met, Derek was provided with many other community resources that could help set goals for his future.Derek had been a professional detailer and hoped to start his own professional detailing company. He started attending ECHO's Financial Literacy Class which as Derek stated,
" encouraged and motivated him to manage his money". He also learned how to develop a business plan to become an entrepreneur. He then enrolled in ECHO's Basic Computer Literacy class, where he learned the basic computer skills he needed. Derek was encouraged by ECHO's Client Center Director, to enroll in ECHO's Career Transition class where he received assistance developing his resume as well as job coaching skills.Today, Derek is detailing cars but has also obtained secure employment renovating homes. He is currently working on a
3 month home renovation project. Derek states, " I am totally grateful to all the staff and volunteers at ECHO for their guidance and support" He is now encouraged and empowered to enhance his future.
Check Us Out
- We would love to give you or your group a behind the scenes tour. Come learn how you can can join us in impacting our community. All are welcome!
Tuesday August 11th at 2:00 pm.
Please RSVP to Laura@EchoFL.org .
- ECHO Thrift Sale Saturdays:
August 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30th
- Back to School Backpack Event:
August 15th 8:00-11:00 am
- The ECHO Trunk Show: September 11th-12th
- Career Opportunity Showcase: September 24th :
- GED: Tuesdays and Fridays
- Retail Certification: August 24th
- Adult Healthy Living: August 4th
- New Children's socks and underwear
- $10 Gift McDonald Gift Cards for GED end of the month drawing
- Two stack lateral filing cabine
- Empower ECHO breakfast: October 28