Note From Our Executive Director
Here at ECHO, we are in the business of bridging the gap between crisis and self sufficiency...but, what exactly does that look like? One absolute crucial piece of the puzzle is employment. This past Thursday, ECHO hosted its first ever Job Fair. It was absolutely thrilling to watch over 35 local employers connect with over 150 job seekers! Reports of jobs secured are rolling in. This month, we will host another first....our Empower ECHO breakfast. Attendees will be able to hear and see first hand how the road to self sufficiency is being traveled every day by our neighbors in need. Please Join us!
Look what's happening.....
EMPOWER ECHO Fundraising Breakfast:
Enjoy a breakfast on us as we share inspiring stories of hope and cast vision for our promising future.
Join us at The Brandon Elks Lodge, 800 Centennial Lodge Drive, Brandon.
Wednesday, October 28th 8 am-9 am.
Reservations are required. Please contact Laura Young for your reservation or for more information: Laura@echofl.org
Our 5th Annual Fall Designer Trunk Show was huge success and a load of fun! Thanks to everyone who came out to shop and support our fundraising efforts. This will go a long way to fulfilling our mission of bridging the gap between crisis and self-sufficiency.
Those who give.....
ECHO is very fortunate to have the support of many local consignment shops who give regularly to our donation center. Thanks for all you do to support ECHO's mission!! We want to recognize the following consignment shops and send a huge thank you for your support. ECHO is grateful to Pendy Consignment, Lil' Sprouts Consignment, SecondHand Savvy's , Charisma Consignment and Agape Chic Boutique.
Also a BIG thank you goes out to The Brandon Caribbean American Cultural Association for providing much needed classroom space for our Healthy Living class this summer.
A huge round of applause to these businesses that help support our community!!
Upcoming October Events
- ECHO Thrift Sale Saturdays: 8 am -Noon
- October 3rd,10th,17th, 24th and 31st
- Free Vision Screening: Monday October 19 th 9am-Noon, walk in's welcome
- Empower ECHO Breakfast: 8 am- 9 am October 28th @ Brandon Elk's Lodge
- Gift of Hope: ECHO will once again partner with area churches and businesses for the annual Brandon Gift of Hope. Families in need of help during the holidays are encouraged to sign up! ECHO will provide registration beginning on Monday November 2nd -November 5th between 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Please visit the Gift of Hope website for volunteer opportunities or to find alternate registration locations and dates: www.brandongiftofhope.com
- Upcoming Classes
- GED Classes: Due to the GED enrollment capacity, we have closed registration for our current GED classes. Registration for the next session will begin on January 12, 2016
- Adult Healthy Living: Classes continue in October and will meet on Tuesday October 6th, 13th 20th and 27th 10:00 am-Noon
- Mommy and Me: Classes continue in October and will meet on Wednesday October 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th 10:00 am- Noon
ECHO is currently in need of....
- Two- 4 drawer filing cabinets
- Commercial sewing machine
- Toiletries: Disposable razors,deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, bar soap and feminine products
- $10 McDonald Gift Cards for our GED "Breakfast Club"
- Learn More at www.echofl.org