Note From Our Executive Director
Yesterday was a visible reminder of why our place in the community is so important...so vital! In just 4 short hours, we welcomed and served 59 families and individuals looking for food, clothing and holiday assistance. When the last neighbor left the center with a full cart of groceries, I couldn't help but exchange high fives with our intake volunteers! How fortunate are we to serve so many. How amazing it is when those who have share, so that others can have enough.
Look what's happening...
Annual Gift of Hope: ECHO will once again partner with 11 area churches and various businesses for the annual Brandon Gift of Hope. Families in need of help during the holidays are encouraged to sign up! ECHO will provide registration beginning on Monday November 2nd -November 5th between 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Please visit the Gift of Hope website to find alternate registration dates and locations or for volunteer opportunities www.brandongiftofhope.com
The Empower ECHO Fundraising Breakfast:
Our first Empower ECHO fundraising event was held on Wednesday, October 28th at The Brandon Elks Lodge. Guests heard inspiring stories of hope and empowerment from volunteers who were once clients of ECHO, but today serve as faithful volunteers. Eleanor Saunders our Executive Director, along with Board President Bill Logan and long time volunteer and team leader, Van Taylor shared how ECHO is bridging the gap between crisis and self sufficiency through emergency services and employment training.
Upcoming November Events
- Discover ECHO Tour: Enjoy a Treat and Take a Tour! Stop by and learn how ECHO is serving those in need in our own backyard every day!. All are welcome. Tuesday, November 17th from 4:00-4:45 pm. To sign up, please contact Laura Young at email@example.com
- Free Vision Screening: Monday November 16th 9 am-Noon, walk in's welcome
- ECHO Thrift Sale Saturdays: 8 am -Noon. Come join us and help refresh our stock while raising money for ECHO! All are welcome and encouraged to purchase discounted overstock clothing and small household items.
- Upcoming Thrift sale dates:
- November 7th, 14th and 21st.
- December 5th, 12th and 19th.
ECHO is currently in need of..
- Fresh eggs
- Cases of individual sized bottled water
- Eight 22 x 28 size Frames for poster board prints
- Toiletries: Disposable razors, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, bar soap and feminine products
- New Industrial upright vacuum cleaner
Allegany Franciscan Ministries provided a grant to promote Health Literacy for pregnant mothers. in our Mommy and Me classes
Those who give.....
The women in this class have been learning how to make healthy food choices and how their grocery dollars can truly stretch, even when buying fresh foods. In their final wrap up class they were given grocery bags filled with fresh vegetables, fruits, lean chicken and ground turkey, to use what they learned in their classes to prepare healthy meals for themselves and their family.