Congratulations on entering this great event scheduled for Saturday, July 23, 2016 on Angel Island. We are happy you can join us for our 27th annual event.
A special chartered ferry will be leaving the dock at 8:00AM. A $15-park admission/ferry fee was included in your entry. If you have spectators coming with you, they can buy ferry tickets from us on Saturday morning (fee details below).
Wear your warm-ups on the ferry! You can leave unneeded items in the picnic area at Ayala Cove while you are out running. Smart runners will dress in layers â€“ gloves, vests and beanie caps are all good ideas, as the return ferry trip can be chilly!
RACE DAY ITINERARY
- 7:00 am-7:45 am: Athlete Check-In at the Angel Island Ferry dock on Main Street in downtown Tiburon. If youâ€™ve received your bib number in the mail â€“ and remembered to bring it with you! - thereâ€™s no need to check in. (We will have safety pins at check-in.)
- 8:00 am: Ferry departs.
- 8:50 am: Pre-race announcements in Ayala Cove at the race start.
- 9:15 am: Half Marathon starts approximately at this time.
- 9:25 am: 10K starts approximately at this time.
- Post Race: Runners are encouraged to hang out after the race to enjoy our spread of snacks and share stories from the course.
- You will pick up your coveted t-shirt after you finish the race.
- The only aid station will be at the start/finish area. There is no access to the remote areas of the island. We highly recommend that you carry water.
- Half Marathon runners will pass the aid station at the start/finish before heading out on the second loop. Half Marathoners must complete first loop in 1 hour 15 min. Please be sure that we have recorded your bib number before starting your second loop.
- There is a 3-hour course wide cutoff (this represents a 13:45 pace for the half marathoners).
DRIVING DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- Chartered ferry departs at 8:00 am from the Tiburon dock. Miss this ferry, miss this event!
- Spectator Ferry fees: $15 for Adults, $12 for children ages 5 to 12, $3 for children ages 3-5, free children 2 & under, $1 per bike.
From Hwy. 101 in Marin County, take the Hwy. 131/Tiburon Blvd. exit.
Follow Tiburon Blvd. into downtown Tiburon.
Turn right on Main St. and the Angel Island Ferry dock will be on your left.
There are parking lots ($5-$20) along Tiburon Blvd. convenient to the Angel Island Ferry. There is also a pay lot behind the bank.
If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. Race day registration will be available so encourage your friends to join you on race day!
See you Saturday,