Congratulations on entering this great event scheduled for Saturday, March 18, 2017. We are happy you can join us for our 27th annual run. Many of you should've already received your bib in the mail, but if you didn't, you can pick up a new one on race day morning. If you want to change distances, please stop at the picnic tables on race day morning so we can change the sticker color on your bib to designate the distance change.
You’ve signed up for a challenging and beautiful run. The entire run takes place in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park, located at the north end of Napa Valley. You'll follow dirt singletrack hiking trails surrounded by majestic redwood, oak, madrone and bay forests. Come prepared to enjoy a gorgeous outing!
RACE DAY ITINERARY
- 8:00 am-8:45 am: Athlete Check-In at the picnic area. If you’ve received your bib number in the mail – and remembered to bring it with you! - there’s no need to check in. (We will have safety pins at check-in.)
- 8:50 am: Pre-race announcements at the race start.
- 9:00 am: Marathon starts approximately at this time.
- 9:10 am: Half Marathon starts approximately at this time.
- 9:20 am: 10K starts approximately at this time.
- Post Race: Runners are encouraged to hang out after the race to enjoy our spread of snacks and share stories from the course.
- You will pick up your coveted t-shirt after you finish the race.
- Course will be marked with orange ribbon.
- The only aid station is at the Start/Finish area; there is no access to the remote areas of this park. We highly recommended that you carry your own water bottle.
- The 10K course is a single loop; the only aid station will be at the start/finish area.
- The Half Marathon course does the 10K loop twice; you will pass aid at mile 6 when you come through the start/finish area.
- Marathoners start by running the 10K loop, then pass through the start/finish area and head south to complete an out-and-back extension to the Old Bale Grist Mill. The Marathon does this entire course (10K loop, plus 4-mile out-and-back) twice, before completing a final 10K loop for 26 miles. Marathoners pass aid each time they run through the start/finish area (miles 6, 10, 16 and 20).
- There will be snacks, water and Gatorade at the finish.
- There is a 6-hour course wide cutoff (this represents a 13:45 pace for the Marathoners).
- Jogging strollers and dogs are not allowed.
- HEADPHONES AND AUDIBLE MUSIC OF ANY TYPE ARE NOT ALLOWED! Runners using headphones or audio music will be disqualified.
From Hwy 101 in Marin County: Take Hwy. 37, then 121, then head north on Hwy. 29 through Napa and St. Helena towards Calistoga.
From the East Bay and South Bay: Take I-80 through Vallejo to the Napa exit, then follow Hwy. 29 north.
From Sacramento: Take I-80 towards San Francisco, then Hwy. 12 to Napa and Hwy. 29 north.
***Bothe-Napa Valley State Park is approximately 5 miles north of St. Helena on your left***
Parking is limited; please carpool if possible; there is a park-entry fee of $8 per car. Overflow parking will be available along Hwy. 29 outside the park once the spots in the park are full. If you are parking along Hwy. 29, be sure to park legally or you will be ticketed!
If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.
See you Saturday,