For most of the past five years, the city of New Yorkâ€™s workforce has been losing ground.
Starting in 2009, Mayor Bloomberg refused to negotiate new contracts for all city workers, effectively establishing a wage freeze while the cost of living in NYC continues to rise. Just over a year ago, city workers brought this city back from Super-storm Sandy.
We keep this city running every day.
Weâ€™re working harder and harder for less and less.
- Mayor DeBlasio negotiate full retroactive raises for all city workers and grant raises in line with the increased cost of living in New York City.
- The Municipal Labor Committee, the coalition of unions representing municipal workers, take a unified position and make these demands to Mayor DeBlasio during negotiation
Please take action now by:
1. Sign and share the online petition here
2. Print the paper petition out and gather signatures at your workplace here
3. Like our FaceBook page and spread the word to your friends
New York City today is a tale of two cities. If mayor-elect de Blasio genuinely wants to tackle income inequality, we urge him to start at the bargaining table with city workers.