The Glen Ridge Diversity and Inclusion Association will be hosting an informal, fun and educational event to teach attendees to play mahjong. For many of us, playing mahjong is more than a cultural rite of passage. It’s a night filled with laughter, friendship, great snacks and (mostly) good-natured smack talk. We we want to share that experience with our Glen Ridge neighbors.
Space will be limited and RSVP information will be forthcoming, but please save the date!
In addition, in order to make this evening a success, we need help. We're well into the planning process, but still have some outstanding tasks that need volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please send an email to Lin Gavin. with the task/committee that you'd like to tackle. And please feel free to forward this to your friends. We would love to see you and them on May 20!
- Location: Glen Ridge Train Station
- Time: 7:00-9:30p m
- Cost: $30 person, with all proceeds going to the GRDIA to support our community projects and events.
We need help with these tasks:
We would be grateful for assistance in any of these tasks. We appreciate and thank you for your support!
- Create WUFOO and manage RSVPs and fees
- Seek sponsors for event
- Assist with publicity -- reach out to the local community by coordinating community email distribution, etc.
- Help source 12 square folding tables -- we currently have three tables, but need an additional nine tables; coordinate drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Solicit food donations -- Asian appetizers and snacks
- Solicit drink donations -- Asian sodas, tea, water, etc.
- Coordinate with Ms. Zhang and high school volunteers
- Clean up committee -- 9:30-10:00 pm on May 20
- Set up committee -- 6:00-7:00 pm on May 20