Buddy Werner Update #5
Have your racers registered yet?
Our Buddy Werner message this week is: please encourage your racers to register ASAP!
Here’s an email you can cut and paste and send to your U14 parents to encourage them to sign up and give them other relevant information:
--------- Start Cut and Paste here ---------
Hello U14 Parents -
The Buddy Werner U14 Championship at Crystal is only 2 weeks away! The CMAC Buddy Werner Planning Team tells us they are planning an amazing race and memorable weekend for our U14 racers. So please register your racer today!
During the U14 Championship, racers will challenge themselves to ski their best during the SkillsQuest and 3 races. They will also have their team photo taken; enjoy an Athlete Banquet at Crystal’s mid-mountain restaurant; participate in a Torch Light Parade; share team videos made by U14 racers and much more. Parents will have a great time as well, enjoying the great skiing at Crystal or snowshoeing to the race hills. A Parent Expo and Social is planned for Saturday evening and will be a fun time to socialize and learn more about the a variety of aspect of ski racing.
- Registration closes March 7 – don’t wait register today! The Race Announcement with the Schedule of Events is on the CMAC web site http://cmacskiracing.com/BWC2014
- Order you Buddy’s Sweatshirt today - available via PREORDER ONLY until Sunday, March 2.
- Follow updates to Buddy Werner Race at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BWC2014
For all the information you need, download the Crystal App here
For meal planning, check out the Buddy’s Crystal Food Service Map on the CMAC web site
Also -- The Alpine Inn will provide a special pizza buffet lunch for racers and their families on Sunday, March 16 from 11:15 to 1:30. The buffet lunch includes pizza, mixed green salad, cookies, coffee, tea and soda for only $11 per person + taxes/fees. Reservations and Pre-payment are required. Contact the Alpine Inn directly: 360-663-2262 or email email@example.com
Race Volunteers Still Needed:
We still need volunteer help with the following race tasks:
· Friday – Three Skills Quest volunteers
· Sat men -- Gate judges
· Sunday both men/women – Gate judges and Course Maintenance
In exchange for your volunteer help, Crystal Mountain will provide a lift ticket voucher to each volunteer for each day worked. Vouchers can be used during Buddy’s weekend or any other time during the 2014 season. Sign up to volunteer at http://www.cmacskiracing.com/Volunteering Questions about volunteering can be directed to April at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get your questions answered on the Buddy Werner Facebook page or contact them at: BWCOrgComm@cmacskiracing.com
--------- End Cut and Paste message to parents here ---------
SkillsQuest Update for Coaches
We will be doing 2 drills that are recommended for U14 by USSA
- Pole Jumpers
- Slip pivots
USSA Certified Evaluators will be scoring the racers. The combined points from the skills will determine the top 10 boys and top 10 girls who will receive awards. View videos of these skills here: https://ussa.org/alpine-programs/athletes/development/skillsquest/skiing-assessment
Reminders to Coaches
- Buddy’s Registration deadline – March 7!
- Order event sweatshirts. Pre-order only by Sunday, March 2!
- Provide SG, GS and SL Seeding information by Monday, March 3 to RaceAdmin@cmacskiracing.com
- Make a Team Video - deadline extended to - March 11 – upload information coming soon.
- Bring a team banner and an item that “glows” for each racer for the Parade.
CMAC Buddy Werner Organizing Committee