Buddy Werner Update #8: post-race wrap up
We hope you all enjoyed the Buddy Werner U14 Championship this weekend at Crystal. We were honored to have you join us for a fun-filled weekend at Crystal and we appreciate all the positive feedback we received about our amazing race crew, organized volunteer coordinator, beautiful mountain and the activities for the athletes. We’re so glad the racers had a great time! And we’re so grateful the weather turned out as well as it did – phew - we were lucky! Here are some after-the-race announcements:
ACTION NEEDED: Survey Feedback
We've set up a quick survey to get your feedback so we can improve future races. Please click here to participate
Skills Quest and Race Results
Skills Quest and Race Results are available at the BWC web page
We are in the process of placing the order for the over 30 sweatshirts we sold over the weekend. We anticipate mailing them the week of April 7-11. Questions about sweatshirts can be directed to BWCOrgComm@cmacskiracing.com
Lost and Found
We've posted a list of lost and found items on our Facebook page, unclaimed items will be donated or tossed in one week. You can view the items in this Facebook photo gallery
The team videos were awesome! Thank you for taking time out of a busy season to create these. They were a fun way for the teams to introduce themselves to each other. You can view all the videos in this Drop Box
Race Photos Update:
The weather was not entirely “photo friendly” but our photographers were able to capture nearly 20,000 images covering every race. These will be available soon at http://www.vanostrom.com/cmac.html
Thank you – Volunteers, Donors, Sponsors – We appreciate YOU!
A final thank you to everyone who helped make the race weekend a huge success:
Questions or Feedback
- The 100’s of race volunteers – set up & tear down crews, officials, gate judges - it was a big undertaking to run 5 races in 3 days – thank you for all the dedication to make it happen!
- The CMAC organizing committee key volunteers who helped with taking care of details including working with Crystal, taking care of the Event Tent and staffing the tent; ordering bibs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, trophies and lanyards, lining up the photographers' making sure the Athlete Banquet and Parade were awesome! We are so grateful for the help of so many willing hands who helped lighten the load!
- The awesome companies who donated thousands of dollars of swag and raffle items for the racers and the RacerExpo: Sturtevant’s, Crystal Mountain, K2, Volkl, Spyder, SWIX, Atomic, Marmot, ClifBar and The Rock Restaurants.
- The amazing volunteers who shared their expertise at the RacerExpo and PNSEF for sponsoring this fun parent social!
- USSA and the Skills Quest officials who administered the Skills Quest evaluation.
- And finally – our event sponsors who were the cornerstones of making this event a success: Sturtevant’s and Crystal Mountain!
If you have feedback or questions, please feel free to contact us at our Buddy Werner Facebook page
or at: BWCOrgComm@cmacskiracing.com
. Check the BWC web site
and Facebook page
for continued updates.
The BWC 2014 Organizing Committee Leads
Marci George, Johna Thomson and Brian Dennehy