Bantam Cup Review:
Congrats to all the kids who races at the Bantam cup! We had lots of kids at the race and went home with lots of medals! It is always such a great learning experience to go to away races. Thank you so much to all the parents who helped throughout the weekend! Also, congrats to the U12 girls on a cool podium sweep for CMAC in the GS. We had CMAC racers on almost every podium! Unfortunately we are still waiting on official results as they have had some issues.
This is the last weekend of training for our season!
It has been a great season with so much great training and learning! I love being able to watch the kids grow in confidence, friendships, maturity, responsibility, and athletic ability throughout the season. You are really teaching your kids so many life skills by putting them in CMAC. THANK YOU parents! Also, be sure to thank your coaches this weekend. They put in many hours of work and are excellent role models for your kids! There will not be any training for Mighty Mites next weekend at Crystal.
In the morning we are going to train slalom, if possible on lower ferks (bull). In the afternoon, we will do a mock race to get prepared for the rest of the away races. Kids will inspect and than take two race runs, with speed suits, if conditions allow. This will help prepare the kids for high pressure situations. We may also bring out the timer. We may finish a bit earlier than 3pm. Kids who aren't attending any more away races will have the option to go freeskiing with a coach in the afternoon if they prefer. I will send some more communication on Friday.
Saturday (SL-all day):
- Meet on Gold hills or Lower Ferks (Bul)l at 9:00am
- Pick up at Gold Hills or Lower Ferks (Bull) at 11:15am
- Meet at Gold Hills or Lower Ferks (Bull) for a mock race or at the shacks to freeski at 12:45pm
- Pick up at the shacks at 3:00pm
Sunday (dual GS in the morning (families invited), hike the king in the afternoon)
In the morning, we will setup a dual GS course on Gold Hills. Parents are welcome to come and try to beat their kids! It will be busy with lots of kids and families, but we will have the music going and it's fun to have all age groups together!
- Meet at Gold hills at 9:00am
- Pick up at the bottom of gold hills at 11:30am
- U12s meet at the shacks to depart for the king at 12:40
- U10/U8s meet at the shacks to depart for the king at 12:50
- Pick up at the shacks at 3:00pm
In the afternoon, we all will be going to the king. We will have the U12s head up first, followed by the U10/U8s. Feel free to mix up a bit if you want to keep your family together. The U12s just tend to be faster it will keep things moving up the trail. We would like if every U10 and U8 athlete would have a parent or a friend's parent who is responsible for them as we hike the king. We can also help buddy up kids at the shack. The U12s are usually ok to hike on their own. This is a fun community event! It is fun to have parents, kids, and coaches as we hike. Each year it is fun to watch our youngest kids make it to the top! This is definitely a highlight of the season for the kids!
Season Video Evaluations (Sign up):
As previously announced we will be doing evaluations on zoom with your child's coach! Parents and athletes or just parents are welcome to attend. Please follow this link to sign up for the video session. This helps coaches properly prepare. There are also makeup sessions available if you can't make it to your child's session. Here is the link to groups. I will send out the zoom link prior to the sessions.
1. Apple Cup-Mission Ridge-March 25-26- SOLD OUT- If you have not registered yet, this race is sold out. From Mission Ridge, "We have sold out. We have a substantial waitlist. If you have not registered already, there is no way for your athlete to race this year." Here is the race announcement with information. I will send out more specific details and a WhatsApp group next week.
2. Buddy Werner Championships-Mt. Hood Meadows-March 31-April 2- registration is through your US Ski and Snowboard account, here is the race announcement. Registration closes on Sunday!The spring pass seems to be the cheapest option for lift tickets.
3. May Day Race -Mt. Bachelor-April 21-23-Registration is open and will sell out. The cross country and ski jumping competitions have returned after a 3 year hiatus! You can choose which events you want to participate but the overall is the combined winner from all 3 events. Here is the link to the race announcement. Please read for all details. Here is the link to registration.
Summer Camps (Mt. Hood)
Per Alan's email we will be doing 4 camps again this summer. These are a great opportunity for any age. I see so much progress for the kids by training hard for 6 days in a row! Let me know if you have questions!
Please let me know if you have any questions!