Buddy Werner Update #6
Registration Deadline Friday, March 7
Tomorrow is the final day to register for the U14 Championship Race – please remind your parents to get their racer signed up! Registration will close at 11:59 on Friday night. Register here
– When your team video is ready for submission please contact Dale Koetke to make arrangements for submission at ProgramAdmin@cmacskiracing.com
. Submit your video by next Tuesday, March 11, so we can ensure a smooth presentation. We will be showing these videos for the first time to the racers on Friday evening. Once the kids have seen them, we’ll share them with the parents via Facebook.
– We are still looking for race volunteers. Remember volunteers will get a ticket for the day they work and an additional ticket to use during the 2014 ski season at Crystal. Please encourage your parents to sign up for one of these jobs here or email April at firstname.lastname@example.org
Torch Light Parade
- Saturday Womens – Course Maintenance
- Saturday Mens - Time Recorder at the Finish
- Saturday Mens or Womens - Public Announcer
- Sunday Mens - Public Announcer, Mid-way Clearer, 3 Course Crew, 2 Gatejudges & Time Recorder at the Start
- Sunday Womens Public Announcer, Starter, 2 gatejudges, 3 Course Crew
- Remember to bring a team banner and an item that “glows” for each of your racers for the Parade.
We will be doing 2 drills that are recommended for U14 by USSA:
- Pole Jumpers
- Slip pivots
USSA Certified Evaluators will be scoring these drills. The combined points from the drills will determine the top 10 boys and top 10 girls who will receive awards. View videos of these skills here: https://ussa.org/alpine-programs/athletes/development/skillsquest/skiing-assessment
We’ve heard from several families that they were unable to purchase an event sweatshirt because we had to close the sale on March 2. We are very sorry that everyone who wanted a sweatshirt was not able to get one. Unfortunately we had to work with the timeline set by our vendor. To accommodate people who would still like to purchase a sweatshirt, we will take orders at the event and ship them directly to the purchaser after the event.
All our past documents can be found on our web site http://www.cmacskiracing.com/BWC2014
and you can follow updates on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BWC2014
Johna Thomson, Marci George and Brian Dennehy
CMAC Buddy Werner Organizing Committee