PNSA U14 "Buddy Werner" Championships SL/GS/SG
March 14-16, 2014 @ Crystal Mountain
Registration is now open
for the Buddy Werner U14 Championships at Crystal Mountain. Click here for Race Announcement
and here for the link to the registration site
where there are two registration options -- with
the Super G race. Below you’ll find more helpful details, including items requiring your action.
SUMMARY of ACTION NEEDED:
- Let your team know that Buddy’s registration is open and encourage them to sign up.
- Tell us where your team is staying.
- Make a Team Video and get it to us by March 1st.
- Make a plan and purchase a “glow” item for your athletes for the Torch Light Parade.
- Share our links with your parents: volunteer opportunities, web site, BWC Facebook page.
- Respond to the questionnaire below now: FAST, ALSRA, BART, CWSC, CART, CSRT, HRST, MRT, MHA & SMART.
Athlete Activities – Please prepare your teams for the following two team activities.
- Team Video – We ask each club to make a 60-90 second video about their team. We’ll compile and share these videos with all the teams during the weekend. CMAC’s U14 team will be posting videos on the Buddy Werner Facebook page as an example. See the video instructions below for details. Don’t wait - ask your racers to get started on their video right away – we need to receive your Team Video by March 1.
- Athlete’s Torch Light Parade – After the Athlete Banquet, happening mid-mountain, the athletes will be skiing down at dusk. At the final drop to the base, each team will ski down as a group to form a parade. Each team should bring something that “glows” for each athlete to wear or hold in the parade (no fire). Coaches are asked to attend the banquet and help with the parade. Parents will be invited to watch the parade from the base of the ski area.
– Please let us know where your team is staying
. If you still need housing– please make arrangements ASAP. We plan to release our housing blocks back to the local lodges by this Friday February 7
. You can find more information on our Lodging Resources
- Race volunteer sign up is here
. We need your help. In exchange, Crystal Mountain will provide a lift ticket voucher to each volunteer for each day worked. Vouchers can be used during Buddy’s weekend or any other time during the 2014 season. Please pass this information on to your team parents.
Stay in Touch
- We encourage you to follow our progress on our Buddy Werner Championships web page at http://cmacskiracing.com/BWC2014
and like our Buddy Werner Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BWC2014
. Please ask your U14 parents to “like” this page too!
Questionnaire: We need your input now
– We have not heard back from FAST, ALSRA, BART, CWSC, CART, CSRT, HRST, MRT, MHA & SMART about how many racers you expect to be bringing. Will you please take a few minutes to answer the questions below by email. We need your input for our planning numbers ASAP!
Buddy Werner Team Video Instructions:
- Name of Team:
- Team Mountain:
- Person Responding:
- # U14 Girls in your program this year:
- # Girls you expect to attend Buddy’s this year:
- # U14 Boys in your program this year:
- # Boys you expect to attend Buddy’s this year:
- # Coaches you expect to bring from your club:
- Do you have any questions or concerns about Buddy’s that we should know about or consider in our planning?
- 60-90 seconds long
- Your U14 athletes should film and edit the video
- Enhance your video with music
- Use your video to introduce your team to the other U14 teams.
- Must include footage of your team skiing
- Use your phone, Go-pro, iPad – whatever you need for this fun team project – keep it fun and funny!
- Details on how and where to submit your video will be available soon.
CMAC Buddy Werner Organizing Committee