We’re getting excited about the Buddy Werner Championships at Crystal in March! Here’s an update on the schedule and some reminders about planning ahead for housing and volunteering. Also, we need your help to determine how many racers to expect. Please take a few minutes to respond to our short questionnaire at the end of this update by Dec. 12.
Here’s an outline of the schedule at this point. It’s still subject to some minor changes – but the race schedule is set. We’ll provide more details and times as they are confirmed.
Thursday, March 13
Friday, March 14
- Check in - pick up bibs, t-shirts, swag & get team photo time
Saturday, March 15
- Morning - Super G Race - Girls - training run, then race & Skills Quest - Boys
- Afternoon - Super G Race - Boys – training run, then race & Skills Quest - Girls
- Late Afternoon - Team Photos
Sunday, March 16
- Slalom - Boys
- Giant Slalom - Girls
- Athlete's Banquet and Social Activity at Campbell Basin Lodge with Parade afterward
- Parent Social & PNSEF Presentation
- Family Banquet - Dinner option in same venue as the Parent Social
- Awards for Friday & Saturday races
Planning Numbers Input
- Slalom - Girls
- Giant Slalom - Boys
- Awards for Sunday races & Overall Awards
– We need your help! We want to get an idea on how many racers to plan for. Will you please take a few minutes to answer the questions below and email them back to us by December 12
? Your information will be a huge help to us in our planning – thank you!
– Have you made arrangements for housing for your team? We encourage you to act quickly as rooms are being held for Buddy’s teams and we’ll need to release those unused rooms back to the hotels in the near future. We have a PDF containing a list of all the housing options in the area
. We hope every team can get housing at the mountain to keep your logistics as simple as possible. If you need help, please contact our BWC lodging coordinator, Mary Egan, at BWCLodging@cmacskiracing.com
. We also have access to some inexpensive housing in some of the private ski clubs, such as Skibacs, through CMAC board member Marci George, you can reach her at: email@example.com
- To volunteer for one, two or three days, please contact our race volunteer coordinator, April, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or sign up directly here
. In exchange for your help, Crystal Mountain has agreed to offer free skiing vouchers to volunteers that can be used during Buddy’s weekend or any other time during the 2014 season. Please pass this information on to your team parents.
Stay in Touch
- We encourage you to follow our progress on our Buddy Werner Championships web page at http://cmacskiracing.com/BWC2014
and by “liking” our Buddy Werner facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BWC2014
. Please ask your U14 parents to “like” this page too!
ACTION NEEDED - QUESTIONAIRE: U14 Buddy Werner 2014 - Planning Numbers Input-
Please reply to this email by copying and pasting the questions below, enter your responses, and email them to us by Dec. 12. Thank you!
- Name of Team:
- Team Mountain:
- Person Responding:
- # U14 Girls in your program this year:
- # Girls you expect to attend Buddy’s this year:
- # U14 Boys in your program this year:
- # Boys you expect to attend Buddy’s this year:
- # Coaches you expect to bring from your club:
- Do you have any questions or concerns about Buddy’s that we should know about or consider in our planning?
on behalf of the
CMAC Buddy Werner Organizing Committee (BWCOrgComm@cmacskiracing.com