Advanced Symposium: Food + Heath 2014
September 12-14 in Austin, TX
We invite you and your family to be a part of Food + Health 2014, the first Engine 2 Retreats Plant-Strong Advanced Weekend. The event takes place in Austin, Texas from September 12th-14th.
The weekend represents a chance to meet, interact and discuss the food-related issues of our time with leaders in medicine, policy, environmentalism, journalism and business. The presenters include:
- John Mackey - Co-CEO and Founder of Whole Foods Market
- Mark Bittman - Author, Columnist for The New York Times
- Marlene Schwartz, PhD - Director for Yale University's Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity
- Tony Weis - Author of The Ecological Hoofprint
- Phillip Tuso, MD - Clinical Director for Kaiser Permanente’s Care Management Institute
- Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., MD - Surgeon, Author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
We host eye-opening conversations on:
- The influence of our national food policy
- The environmental impact of our food system
- The future of healthcare in the 21st century
- The latest research on lifestyle change
Each of our speakers share their exciting ideas, followed by a lively moderated discussion of their respective topics. Each presentation culminates with audience interaction, so prepare your questions for a chance to engage the expert panels!
Join us for a a powerful, thought-provoking, and informative weekend. Exchange ideas with people who share your passion for the food movement and see what we can do – as individuals and a nation – to be healthier and more knowledgable on these important topics.
Click here for more info and to sign up now!