Dear Partners, Associates and friends of GRLI
The relationship between the sea anemone and clownfish enables both to flourish. The clownfish benefits the anemone through cleaning, provisioning of nutrients and by offering protection from butterfly fish. The anemone provides the clownfish with a safe home and leftovers. Their mutualistic relationship represents a unique form of symbiosis.
Can initiatives and organisations that share a common higher purpose learn from nature? Can they pursue and nurture mutually beneficial relationships and thus collectively amplify globally responsible leadership and action?
In conjunction with our 2018 AGM, a gathering of networks and initiatives will inquire into how transformation agents and change initiatives may work "beyond the ego" to achieve globally responsible impact. The strands of this inquiry include:
A preliminary programme is available on our website and a few of the groups that have already confirmed participation include:
- Pathways to convergence and alignment of initiatives that hold a shared sense of purpose.
- Transitioning from maximising an initiative’s capacity for impact towards optimising the role and capacity of that initiative within a larger system of change.
- The dilemmas of identity, scale and impact in movement and change system development.
- Is mutualistic symbiosis possible? What are the unintended negative consequences?
The event will also work to strengthen and accelerate the global partnership for sustainable development with a specific emphasis on SDG 17.
- The Deans & Directors Cohort (applications now open - scroll down for more)
- The Business School Rating Prototype
- The Global Alliance, HESI and the SDG Accord
- The SDG Transformation Forum
- The AIM2Flourish working group
- Students Organizing for Sustainability (a network of networks)
- PRME France Benelux Chapter
- Conférence des Grandes Ecoles R2D2
- The Sulitest Governance body
- And more...
Join with other change makers and transformational initiatives in Marseille to explore and develop personal, collective and systemic change towards the future we want.
You can greatly assist us in our planning by responding to the poll below.