"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."
Luke 1:30-33 KJV
Dear Ministry Partners & Fellow Laborers:
As we close this year of interruptions and impact, we come with grateful hearts. Our God is still on the throne and always at work around us. The HR Ministries staff wants you to know that we are praying for you regularly and are confident you are doing the same. Your faithfulness in praying and giving have seen us through one of the most unusual years that we have seen in ministry. We ask that you continue your efforts as we seek to glorify the Lord in what He has called us to do.
In March 2021, we will celebrate 20 years in ministry and the origin of Hell is Real Ministries. I resigned a full-time job to fulfill God’s call of faith on our family’s life. Many of you have been with us through this entire journey. Others have come to be a part of what God is doing by experiencing His activity and what He has put in front of us. For some, God interrupted your life to become a part of something bigger than all of us. It is by prayer that the impact has been a blessing. I also know that because of God’s work in you that many others from Job Corps, the prisons, jails, events, and here in our hometown have been interrupted and impacted by the Gospel. When we look back, there is no way to know all the things the Lord has done in the lives of volunteers, supporters, and those we serve.
The Lord said in John 4:35-38, “You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike! You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true. I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest.”
In March 2020, things changed for many of us in what we are used to in the ministry. Currently, the doors of the jails, prisons, and Job Corps are closed. For a season, Joseph’s Storage Bin was closed. I want you to know we have tried to follow God’s Words - Open your eyes. It is now not later that we must keep looking for where God is at work. We have the privilege of the harvest and sometimes we must focus on the sewing because the increase is always His. Just like in John 4, 1 Corinthians 3:6-7 says, “I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.” He was speaking of Himself. While they were eating and taking care of what they wanted, Jesus opened a completely new region for the Kingdom of God. We believe that during this season, God is working at opening new ministry in the Kingdom.
Since March 2020, we have begun the following:
- Weekly video preaching to over 11,000 inmates in Kentucky and Tennessee prisons and jails
- Started BetterMan men’s Bible study monthly meetings
- Started weekly prayer meetings for men
- Encouraged coaching teams to have weekly Bible study in expectation of doors opening back up
- Started weekly pastor’s prayer gatherings
- Participated in and hosted the 40-day Men’s Revival
- Added weekly news reports on Coffee Talk and WPKY
- Collaborated with Caldwell School System for lunch distribution
- Collaborated with First Christian Church for a community milk distribution
- Hosted community drive-thru prayer and sno-cones in front of Joseph’s Storage Bin
- Through the Kentucky Baptist Convention, became West KY Regional Backpack Center
- Continue benevolence at Joseph’s Storage Bin
- Continue updates on the building
- Received a cabin to encourage pastors and missionaries
- Collaborated with Paul Daily for two displays and served with him in the 3R’s Revival in Louisiana
- Continue to produce CrossTalk for four radio programs
- Local backpack distributions in the next two weeks
Please pray for our team as we seek to “Open our eyes to what God is doing.” Matthew 5:8 says, “God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.” We desire to do only what we see Him doing! During this season, we have seen people give their hearts to the Lord in Salvation. Not near as many as we would like but we press on. Please continue to pray and invest in this Kingdom work. We cannot do it without you!
- For God to call someone to be the Director of Joseph’s Storage Bin
- Equipment to enhance video and radio productions
- Wisdom to transition back into institutions when they open
- Completion of construction projects in the building
- Preaching opportunities in the future
- Volunteers who currently cannot serve where they are called
- Wisdom in how to manage what we have
- We have continued financial support and prayer
- Leaders and pastors to have wisdom and strength
- That we see where God is at work
- Some type of 20 years of ministry celebration
- For the February 5-6 Johnny Hunt men’s conference in Woodstock, Georgia
- For the Timothy + Barnabas Pastors and Wives conference in March
- A new community six-week Bible study, When Helping Hurts
It is our hope that this letter finds you well and that if we can help you in any way, you will call on us. Please join us on Facebook and get on our email list by calling the office, 270-365-6044. We will keep you updated and informed. May we all look with eyes wide open. Interruptions are not bad; they may be here for the impact.
Bro. Harrell Riley
HR Ministries Director
PRAISE GOD for HIS PROVISION!
Through our partnership with the Kentucky Baptist Convention, HR Ministries was blessed with the opportunity to help distribute approximately 1900 backpacks to children in Kentucky.
HR Ministries supports other ministry projects; and through that support, we collaborated with local churches and other ministries to make sure the backpacks got to the children God had intended. We were able to distribute over 683 backpacks in our local region. With God's provision, we also able to help the Eastern Kentucky region. Many children who may never hear the Gospel experienced the Love of Jesus Christ through a backpack.
We want to thank everyone who prayed over the backpacks and the children receiving them. Keep praying! God bless those who made the effort to donate backpacks and deliver to your local associations. The blessings began with you! We appreciate every Director of Missions, brothers, and sisters who loaded the trailers and made the trips to deliver the backpacks to the distribution centers. A huge THANK YOU to the ladies who helped organize and sort the distribution center. Another huge THANK YOU to the volunteers who gave their time to help counsel during the HR Ministries events. God used you in a mighty way!
As you can see, there are so many servants involved. We are blessed beyond measure to get to play a small role in sharing Jesus through a simple act like Christmas backpacks. Please know each and every one of you are appreciated and loved. Thank You!
HR Ministries would like to personally thank the following churches and ministries for helping us distribute backpacks in a time like this:
Bags of Hope Ministries - Hardin
First Baptist Church - Fredonia
Second Baptist Church - Princeton
Liberty Point Baptist Church - Cadiz
Vanzora Baptist Church - Benton
Oscar Baptist Church - La Center
Faith Baptist Church - Madisonville
Friendship Baptist Church - Smithland
Impact Church - Benton
Please continue to pray for the children and families who received the backpacks. Through our two weeks of appointments and meeting with parents/guardians, it is evident of the needs in our communities. First and foremost, the need of a Savior. Tell someone about Jesus today! Share your testimony. Tell them about His love and faithfulness. This lost and dying world needs to hear God's Word. Give someone a Bible. Be a disciple! Christ is counting on you.
2020 donations need to be postmarked by December 31.
We are blessed by your giving hearts.
We can't do what God has called us to do without you.
Thank You & God Bless