Evening of Solidarity with Leogane Haiti September 28 2014
The earthquake of 2010 was devastating to the communities of Leogane. We quickly began providing much needed medical care to alleviate their suffering under a makeshift clinic. We stood by the communities and made a commitment to accompany them in their quest for comprehensive health and we have kept our promise. Thanks to the friends and supporters of Leogane, the Rasin Foundation has established what is considered to be one of the best run medical clinics in Leogane delivering compassionate and high quality medical care, medications, treatments and dental care 600 patients per month who previously lacked health care. The clinic is now staffed by 2 nurses a dentist, 3 support staff along with many health care volunteers who travel from the United States to work throughout the year. Our experience in Haiti have proven that with heavy dose of passion and commitment and a low budget of less than $30,000 per year can yield amazing results.
On September 28, 2014, the Rasin Foundation will hold its 5th annual benefit event at which we will seek to raise the necessary funds to continue to expand on health care services, increase outreach to local schools for health promotion and engage in more community economic development. We hope that you will join us on Sunday September 28, 2014 at 6 PM at the Endicott Estate, at 656 East Street in Dedham, Mass as we acknowledge all the hard work of a small but yet committed group of friends and donors who are making a difference in a small rural village in Leogane, Haiti. The tickets for the event are $125 per person. If you are not able to attend, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to Rasin Foundation through our secure website.
For more information on the fundraising event, please visit www.rasinfoundation.org.
Arielle Adrien, M.D.
Sickle Cell Clinic Project in Léogane, Haiti
The Association of Haitian Physicians Abroad (AMHE) has launched its first crowdfunding project to build a Sickle Cell Clinic in Léogane, Haiti by 2016. We believe that giving health is building wealth. In this way, the people affected by sickle cell can hope to live healthier lives and overcome the throes of poverty. (More)
New: Calendar of Events
Published on the
AMHE Facebook page last week
Articles parus sur la page Facebook de l'AMHE
durant la dernière semaine
- INVITATION DU COLLEGE HAITIEN DE MEDECINE INTERNE
- RT Improves Survival in Early Hodgkin's
- Pediatric ACL: Evaluation and Management
- With Sophia Martelly and 2 others in Sud-Est, Haiti.
- Quelques uns de nos residents a l'Hopital Justinien avec leur chef de Service Dr Pierre- Louis et le Dr Pierre Ogedad
- Dr Georges Dubuche Dg du MSPP
- With Florence Guillaume.
- FALENDEROJE ALLAHUN QE T"I KA DHENE DUARTË...
- Ebola: Les Américains testent un premier vaccin
- Chine :Le premier médicament anti-Ebola « JK-05 » approuvé pour la production
- Cancer du col: Dépister le HPV par simple test urinaire
- zabludovsky noticias: ALERTA, Primer víctima del ébola en República Dominicana
- Blood Test Flags Depression, Predicts Treatment Response