IHC Annual Conference and August Learning Community
This month the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative held two exciting conferences, the August HEN Learning Community and the 11th Annual Conference. Approximately 265 participants attended the conferences. Attendees experienced exciting presentations about Patient and Family Engagement, Patient and Family Advisory Councils, Leadership, Care Coordination, Quality Improvement, Medication Safety, and the impact of the PfP HEN nationwide.
At the 11th Annual Conference Martin Hatlie, Dr. Tom Evans, and Dennis Wagner (pictured above) wore jackets with art from artist Regina Holliday. The jackets are part of a walking art gallery that illustrates a story about each person’s life and experience with healthcare. For more information about Regina Holliday’s work click this link.
Hospital Spotlight: Safety Across the Board
During the keynote address at the annual conference, Dennis Wagner, Co-Director of the federal Partnership for Patients (PfP) Initiative and Associate Director for Campaign Leadership in the CMS Innovation Center, gave special recognition to top performing Iowa HEN hospitals.
Hospitals were selected for this recognition because they demonstrated high engagement in HEN activities and reporting. More importantly, they worked to incorporate safety across the board into the day-to-day activities of their organizations.
Thank you for your support of the Partnership for Patients initiative and your dedication to improving the care and safety for every patient.
- Mercy Medical Center - Sioux City
- Loring Hospital
- Great River Medical Center
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Grundy County Memorial Hospital
- Cass County Memorial Hospital
- Iowa Specialty Hospital – Belmond and Clarion
- Buena Vista Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa
- Broadlawns Medical Center
- Van Diest Medical Center
- Horn Memorial Hospital
- Alegent Creighton Health Mercy Hospital – Corning
- Clarke County Hospital
- Stewart Memorial Community Hospital
- Lakes Regional Healthcare
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Medical Center – Cedar Rapids
- Dallas County Hospital
Save the Date!
Interested in attending the next HEN Learning community? The Iowa Healthcare Collaborative will be holding the next learning community on November 18, 2014. This HEN Learning Community will be held at The Meadows Events & Conference Center in Altoona. Please contact Nancy at email@example.com for more information about the conference and registration!
September 11, 2014:
"R is for readiness: Developing and improving your hospital's OB emergency simulation program." This is a webcast by the Premier HEN. For more information and to register click this link
. When registering, please select "OTHER" as your organization.
September 16, 2014:
"Million Hearts: Preventing a Million Heart Attacks and Strokes: A Turning Point for Impact." This is a presentation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For more information on this event, click this link
September 27, 2014:
"Taking Control of Your Diabetes Program" to be held at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, IA. For more information click this link
to view the brochure and click this link
to register for the event.
Partnership for Patients Events:
- September 9, 2014: "What we have become and the product we are committed to delivering."
- September 11, 2014: "LEAPT Spread Session: Network and national spread - failure to rescue and undue exposure to radiation."
- September 16, 2014: "LEAPT Cross-Pollination Event: TBD."
For more information about the above and other PfP events, please click this link