In this age of diminishing biblical literacy, we have to ask, "Why is it so?" As one author wrote in 1907: "The Bible is not enjoyed because the Bible is not understood."
More than a century later, the situation has vastly deteriorated. In the US, below 40% of Americans who have a Bible never open it! In the UK it is worse, with 60% of Church of English-followers never reading the Bible.
In this book, Peter Wade artfully leads you through the first simple steps to understanding what the Bible is saying.
- Accept the integrity of God's Word.
- Read what is written in an essentially literal translation -- and believe what you read.
- Mark your Bible to aid your memory.
- Look for repetitions, contrasts, comparisons.
- Note the little words that have big impact, such as prepositions.
All this and more in 17 powerful chapters with many examples from the wisdom of a lifetime of Bible teaching. Plus an Introduction to Figures of Speech for those who want to dig deeper.
This 88 page book is rich with instruction and illumination. It's perfect for group Bible study too, complete with a discount for multiple copies!