Expert Panel Discusses Effective Uses of Fire & Planned Burn at Heil Ranch,
WHAT: Boulder County Parks and Open Space invites you to attend an expert panel discussion on the use of prescribed fire. The panel will discuss the historical role fire has played in our Front Range forests and how the use of prescribed fire can help return portions of our forest to a healthy state.
Parks and Open Space is planning a prescribed fire at Heil Valley Ranch this fall and would like to share with neighbors and county residents the details of this plan. Topics to be discussed include the benefits of prescribed fire and risks and precautions taken to ensure a safe and ecologically effective burn.
WHO: Panel specialists include
WHEN AND WHERE:
- Peter M. Brown, Director, Rocky Mountain Tree-Ring Research
- Michael Frary, Prescribed Fire Manager, Division of Fire Prevention and Control
- Jay Stalnacker, Fire Management Officer, Boulder COunty Sherriff's Office
NEED MORE INFO? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-678-6206
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- Boulder County Parks and Open Space, 5201 St. Vrain Rd. Longmont
Come Learn and Talk Rx Fire!