21st Century Thame: Minutes from meeting on Thursday 12th December 2019 - 12pm at Racquets
- Attendees: Sue Martin-Downhill (Chair), Sharon Smits (Secretary), Becky Reid, James Ebney (Youth Worker for Thame Youth Projects), Laura Fellows (Marketing), Helena Fickling.
- Apologies: Lin Wylie, Linda Emery (Volunteer), David Laver
- Website: New vision, values and aims format as detailed in the attachment. Becky is loading them onto the website, with links through to the relevant pages. Any comments must be made in a timely manner.
- Cows: Laura has spoken to James Ort who is going to restructure the broken parts of the cows. Spring time for the painting, Laura and James to organise a date to do it, publicly to raise the awareness. Montesson Square seems like an ideal place to do this. Laura has agreed with James at the Phoenix Studio to fix the damaged cows in early December.
- Constitution: Sharon and Sue are looking at whether the constitution should be changed and whether there are benefits to being a different type of 'company'/ 'organisation'. E.g CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) or CIC (Community Interest Company). We should ask OCVA and John Savell (email@example.com) for their advice. A new one needs to be written, use the new visions for it. Becky to find contact at OCVA.
- Green Living Plan : Three sections (Principles, **** & Activation) (Thame Green Living website) the first two are complete, the third is about actioning the issues around the plan raised from the first two sections. The Green Living Plan is very supportive about this.
- Thame Trees: 500 trees to be planted in Thame by 2020. Including nurturing a tree. Trying to get the website onto Google. Still getting all the details together. Meeting notes follow on from this one.
- Thame Tidy : Sue gave Rosie our thank you gift. Thame Tidy signs and litter pickers are in the Thame Equipment Bank.
- Oxfordshire Towns Meeting : Becky to inform Melanie Smams at SODC that 21st Century Thame still exists. Done. They need to decide how they can still support us.
- Thame Equipment Bank : Chairs on their way.
- Thame Carnival: Fly-past application has been submitted by Peter Harris. Still need a project manager - Sharon to meet with 3 new people. Work in progress.
- Taste of Thame : Website under construction.
- 21st Century Thame Twitter and other social media : 21st Century facebook page created but actually we wanted to rename the old - still working on this.
- 21st Century Thame Recruitment of new members:
- Website is very important at this stage
- A volunteers fair may be the way forward - Sue to discuss with Racquets etc.
- Need a leaflet to distribute in the new houses - awaiting website.
- Job Description for Advertising Sales Person - needs website
- Mayors Charity Fair: We have decided not to have a stall at Mayors Charity fair.
- Thame Market : We should promote ourselves at the market - when it's warmer, when a cow is ready and when the website is up and running.
- Presentation Evening : Discuss at next meeting.
- Thame Wedding Fair: All of the business' have venues, like the Art Crawl, numbered flags generic. Would 21st Century Thame contribute towards this. A smaller flag higher up the wall, fixings to be looks at by Becky.
Date of next meeting – Thursday 13th February 12noon - Racquets bar