Copy
Thame Carnival 2020 - Saturday 13th June 2020 - 12 noon - 4pm
Thame Carnival Meeting - Tuesday 3rd March 2020 - 8pm Racquets Fitness Centre Bar

We hope to see you there.

Thame Carnival Organisation

 
Please read the notes below from the second meeting this year. If you can help with anything at all, no matter how big or small, please get in touch. We are still looking for an Event Lead, this position is now critical to the Carnival going ahead.

We would love this community event to take place again this year and prove that the “Heart of Thame” is beating strongly.


We are looking for Sponsors and advertisers for this years’ Carnival – please go to the website for more information or to book your spot. www.thamecarnival.co.uk
Thame Carnival meeting minutes: Tuesday 4th February 2020

Next meeting Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020 - 8pm Racquets Fitness Centre Bar

Theme for this year
- Heart of Thame - All parade entries have the freedom to dress as they want.

Charities for this Year: Thame & District Day Care Centre, LWS Young Carers & Thame Girl Guiding

Date of event: Saturday 13th June 2020
Move of equipment: Thursday 11th June 2020

Organising Team: Sharon Smits, Sophia Louise Bayleigh, Ashley Dearlove, Linda Emery, Joanne Ashcroft, Simon Markland, Kay Sentance, Dominique Park, Alison Champkin-Woods (Day Care Centre) – more team members welcome.

Stall plan design:

On the day Team: Sharon Smits, Sophia Louise Bayleigh, Ashley Dearlove, Linda Emery, Joanne Ashcroft, Simon Markland – more team members welcome.
  1. Booking form for Southern Road Recreation Ground
    1. Linda Emery has handed this in January 2020 -
    2. Public liability insurance document to be sent to Cassie Pinnells TTC, both the current one and the renewal closer to the Carnival date - Sharon chasing the insurers for the Public Liability insurance.
  2. Sophia Louise Bayleigh to email stall holders and parade entries from previous years - To be done
  3. Start asking for helpers and advertisers via www.facebook.com/thamecarnival and Facebook and Love Thame
  4. Decide on a theme – Heart of Thame – use the Thame blues colour pallet for the logo
  5. The team needs to have the following, as you can see there are a few gaps. If you can help with any of the below, please contact us on thamecarnival@gmail.com:
    1. Chairman who only project manages - Required
    2. PR / advertising / marketing – Sharon Smits and everyone else
    3. Stalls and parade bookings – Sophia Louise Bayleigh
    4. Ground management on the day – Sharon Smits
    5. Parade organiser – before the event – Required
    6. Parade organiser – on the day – Lyn & Linda (Dan from Station Yard??)
    7. Music / stage organiser - Simon Markland & possibly Jon Cole (Sophia to meet on Monday)
    8. Arena organiser – Simon Markland & possibly Jon Cole
    9. Waste organiser – Ashley Dearlove
    10. General administrator – Sophia / Sharon
    11. Bar organiser – tbc 
    12. Compere – DJ Dan Blaze - confirmed
    13. Graphic Designer – Required
    14. Road closure organiser – Round Table - TBC
    15. Setup and break down organiser – Everyone incl. Dan East - TBC
    16. Dog show – Jason of Petcare tbc
    17. On the day: assistant to organisers - Becca Cleare?
  6.  Book Mayor – Linda has booked
  7. Book railings in Town Centre – Linda has submitted the form
  8. Thame Equipment Bank order put in.
  9. Simon Markland has emailed all the performers from last year. Stagecoach have already confirmed they wish to be involved.
  10. Simon has also spoken to Kev of K & A scaffolding, all sorted for them to build the stage etc. for us as per usual, they will set up late afternoon on the Friday (12th) as normal, we will just need to ensure the council fencing and clips are there as well so they can secure it for the evening. Then they will come to take the stage away on the Sunday as normal. Need to confirm the code for the padlocks. So that just needs to be shared so they can get in and out themselves on the Sunday.
  11. Lin Wylie is happy to set off the parade again from Elms Park. Must make sure the Mayor sets off the Parade from Elms Park.
  12. Book cadets (Army and Air) – Ashley to speak to Jo Gresty - Book a stall but no set up or clear down
  13. Update website www.thamecarnival.co.uk (hosted by Pentangle of Thame) – Sophia has done (with help from Sue)
  14. Float vehicles: All parade entries must arrange their own vehicles – it works out better if the ‘float’ is carried e.g. pirate ship by John Hampden, or there is a smaller vehicle with brilliantly dressed people around it
  15. OX9'ers to do the street collection - permission form signed
  16. Guides are going to arrange the litter pick - increase the litter pickers.
  17. Decide on deals for stalls (whether community or not) - LWS Pimms Tent
  18. Fair (Ashley) to bring 6 stalls - Ashley Dearlove to confirm details
  19. Food stalls - Hallomi / Jacket Potatoes / Noodles / Vegan
  20. Discuss expenses for organisers - receipts will be reimbursed
  21. Ensure plenty of music in the parade - Round Table Santa Sleigh?
  22. Ensure plenty of kids games stalls – gnome ringing, splat the rat, balls in jars, climbing wall – this involves the carnival committee organising certain stalls and getting volunteers to run them on behalf of the carnival pot as well as telling everyone who books a stall to ensure they have a fun activity or entertainment - Racquets to help on stalls - tbc
  23. Arrange St John’s ambulance or other medic company for medical cover (plenty of time ahead) – speak to Peter Butt regarding what he arranged last year. Linda to also ask about Charity status. Ongoing, needs to be put on their list around April.
  24. Arrange waste: ensure Monday morning pickup if not Saturday or Sunday. Ashley arranging, with improvement on last year. Ashley needs confirmation of order - £380
  25. Arrange toilets – with 1 disabled 1 and ½ sets so there is some further down the field. Ashley getting a formal quote. - £845 + VAT need to book.
  26. Arrange for babies, toddlers and aged to use Scout Hut toilet
  27. Mayor to open the event, as it’s the "Heart of Thame".
  28. What could be the ‘big thing for this year’.  Peter Harris has arranged a Spitfire fly past as it’s on the Queen’s birthday.  Details of time tbc.
  29. Public liability insurance – copies sent to Thame Town Council and Ashley Dearlove so that it can be sent on to SODC for road closure
  30. TENS license – If Round Table running the bar then licenses are obtained by them & LWS Pimms 
  31. Event license - ask Sue
  32. Apply for road closure
    1. Inform the bus and taxi companies of the road closure
  33. Parade risk assessment - update last years
  34. Event risk assessment - update last years
  35. Event management plan - update last years
  36. Notify Thames Valley Police of event
  37. Get posters out
  38. Liaise with Dog show about posters
  39. Produce stall plan at least 4 weeks before hand - use last years as a template
  40. Gather sponsors logos for programme
  41. Produce programme at least 2 weeks before hand
  42. Book centre of town banner with TTC
  43. Complete signage form for TTC
  44. Produce signage:
    1. Large road signs
    2. Banner for centre of town (pre-book weeks with Town Council) – ensure on railings on roundabout
    3. Bus route signs
  45. Write the speech for the person opening e.g. Mayor thanking people and ensuring that everyone knows who runs the Carnival

What’s making this Carnival different?

  1.  Spitfire fly past and possibly Red Arrows.
  2. Arena display by Fire Service again this year? Ensure a tarp on the ground is used – broken glass last year.
  3. Confirmed Parade entries: to be added as bookings come in
  4. Stalls: to be added as bookings come in
View this email in your browser
Copyright © 2020 21st Century Thame Ltd, All rights reserved.


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp