The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department is making preparations for this year’s 4th of July celebration. On July 4th, thousands will gather at Auditorium Shores for the largest Independence Day celebration in the City.
The Austin Symphony H-E-B 4th of July Concert and Fireworks is free and open to the public. The Austin Symphony Orchestra will begin performing at 8:30 p.m. and the fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m., ending at 10:00 p.m. Come early, bring a picnic, claim a grassy spot and enjoy the patriotic music of the Austin Symphony Orchestra. Concessions will be available on site.
Enclosed are information links which will help you prepare for this year’s celebration:
Event information can be found at: http://www.austintexas.gov/event/austin-symphony-4th-july, or www.austinsymphony.org
Street Closure information: http://austintexas.gov/department/special-events-0
• Park North of Lady Bird Lake at one of numerous downtown garages, Palmer Events Center, or One Texas Center. . (see website for full information)
• Cap Metro Trip Planner: http://www.capmetro.org/
• Biking to Events - http://www.austintexas.gov/department/bicycle Bike to the event and “park” right where you sit!
• http://austingo.austintexas.gov/department/special-events-0 - for information on road closures
Personal and Public Safety reminders:
• Alcohol, Glass, Styrofoam and smoking are prohibited at this family friendly event.
• Grilling is not allowed at Auditorium Shores for public safety and due to the number of people on site.
• Stay hydrated, wear protective head wear and breathable clothing, pack sunscreen, and wear sensible footwear for this
popular outdoor event.
• The waterway between 1st Street Bridge and Lamar area will be closed at night for public safety for the duration of the
• A small portion of the hike and bike trail between Shoal Creek and 1st Street Bridge A closed for safety during
firework preparations between 8 am and 10 pm on July 4.
• Swimming in Lady Bird Lake is prohibited.
• Park only in designated areas/garages, and not on grass medians/rights of way to avoid fire hazard.
• Leave valuables and pets at home!
Special parking has been designated for media planning to attend the Austin Symphony H E B 4th of July concert and fireworks display at Auditorium Shores.
Parking locations include:
• Auditorium Shores parking lot on the northwest corner of Riverside Drive and South First Street. 1 television vehicle per
station may park on the decomposed granite area closer to Lady Bird Lake. Do no block the hike/bike trail.
• Plan to arrive early. If staying past the beginning of the fireworks firing, expect delays in departure until after pedestrians
clear the immediate event area.
• Personal vehicles are not allowed in the designated media parking areas.
Full information and allowed/prohibited items may be found at www.austinsymphony.org.