|Trailhead Information from Mill Creek Development
Neighbors, the board received the below information from Mill Creek Development re: updates on the Trailhead project; in the spirit of sharing information so we can all be better informed, we are passing it along. The board is remaining neutral on this issue after discussions with our neighborhood "think tank" (which all Lakewood Hills residents were invited to participate in earlier on in the process). If anyone is opposed to the development, there is a group Save White Rock Skyline to look further into.
"Please see attached two pieces of information that would hopefully provide a little more guidance to folks that have outstanding questions or did not tune in to much of the earlier discussion.
Note also that we have made more than 2 dozen significant changes to the original zoning request – all in response to community feedback and thoughtful critiques from neighborhood professionals and city staff. I’d be happy to enumerate these accommodations in detail, but they include …
- Reduction in max height from 8 stories to 7
- Reduction in max allowable height from 85’ to 80’.
- Reductions in allowable stories as the building gets closer to intersection.
- Increased minimum sidewalk widths to 10’.
- Eliminated exterior roofline building lighting
- Eliminated parking along trail edge to focus on pedestrian enhancements and required “activation” along trail
- Restriction of any kind of drive-through establishment
MICHAEL BLACKWELL | SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR"