Help Your Audience Keep Their Resolutions
Happy New Year from the National Endowment for Financial Education and Financial Workshop Kits!
Last year, 37 percent of adults made a New Year’s resolution related to their finances1
. These include saving more, spending less, and paying off debt. It will be no surprise if people make the same level of financial resolutions this year. Fortunately, you and Financial Workshop Kits are here to help. Look over our website
and you’re sure to find a topic suited to your audience. We offer everything from learning to save and basic money management skills to how to recover from challenging situations, such as addiction and foreclosure.
Tips for Capturing Adult Attention
Most Financial Workshop Kits are designed for adult learners, and many contain activities and tips for capturing and keeping their attention. A few additional tips include:
- Help adult participants link their own experiences to the information they are learning during the workshop.
- Discuss how the information covered in your workshop will help adult participants meet their goals.
- Identify objectives for adult participants before the course begins, and let participants choose topics that reflect their own interests.
- Acknowledge the wealth of experiences that adult participants bring to the classroom.
- Treat adult participants as equals in experience and knowledge, and allow them to voice their opinions freely in class.
If you’re just getting started with Financial Workshop Kits
– or if you believe you’re not using them to their potential – see the short videos at the bottom of our home page. You’ll see how to plan and prepare for a session, and how to engage the audience once you get there to maximize your usage of this free, reliable resource.
- About Financial Workshop Kits
- How to Use Financial Workshop Kits
- Plan Prior to Teaching
- Better Engage Your Audience
Mary J. Schultz, Manager of Financial Workshop Kits, will present at the following upcoming workshops:
National Council for Community and Education Partnerships
, Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2016, in New Orleans, La.
Financial Education Outreach
, March 4, 2016, in Birmingham, Ala.
Commission on Adult Basic Education
COABE/TALAE National Conference
: Bigger & Better in Texas, April 10-13, 2016, in Dallas, Texas
Remember: Financial Workshop Kits Are Free
As always, there is no product to buy. No strings attached. We provide all programs (including Financial Workshop Kits) at no cost.
If you are getting ready to teach a financial workshop, visit our website
to get started. We provide presentations, scripts, handouts, and tips to help you with your presentation and make your job easier.
Questions or Suggestions?
We want our tools to be easy to use and as effective as possible. So if you have suggestions, tips, questions, or feedback, we would love to hear it. Have something to say? Contact our team
Financial Workshop Kits
is provided by the National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®), a nonprofit foundation that inspires empowered financial decision making for individuals and families through every stage of life. For more information, visit www.nefe.org