The Brixton Community Yard Sale is an opportunity for you to set up outside your house, or you can have your stall outside the Brixton Kerk Church, 41 Putney Road (they provide tables and chairs - you will need an umbrella/gazebo/table cloth - please do make a donation to the church for the use of their space).
Do you love taking pictures of our hood? Email them to email@example.com
or tag @brixtoncommunity on Instagram to have your photos featured. We credit all of the photographers who send us submissions. Follow ushere
The CoJ Call Centre (011 3755555) is currently not functioning to report your stolen / broken bins, so please email Pinky Ferland - firstname.lastname@example.org to get a reference number. The rest of the process remains as per below.
There are four categories of bin replacements:
1) If you have no bin at your house - i.e. it is a new house or you have purchased one and there was no bin. You apply to Pikitup and the bin is free.
2) If you want a second or more bins, you contact Pikitup and pay R385 plus VAT per bin.
3) If your bin has been stolen or gone missing. You can get ONE free bin replacement every 8 years starting from 1 July 2017. After that you pay per bin.
4) If your bin is broken or damaged, then you will get a free bin, proving that you return the old bin.
The Process to Obtain a Bin
*In each of the above options, you need to call the COJ call centre on 011-3755555 and obtain a reference number. You will need your account number when you do this. SEE NOTE AT THE TOP REGARDING THIS and PLEASE EMAIL PINKY
If it has been stolen, then you should first visit your nearest police station and report it. You will need to provide the case number when calling the COJ call centre.
If you need to pay for the bin(s), then you need to go to your Regional Walk In Centre (for Ward 87 it is Randburg, corner Jan Smuts Ave and Braam Fischer Drive) with the reference number, a copy of your municipal bill and cash to the value of R385 plus VAT per bin.
In theory, Pikitup will then alert the depot that services your suburb and deliver a bin within a week or so depending on stock availability. If you haven’t received your bin after a month please email Ronel Doria - email@example.com
- Cell / contact number
- Ref number
- Attach a copy of the receipt if you have paid for a bin.
If you would like to be on the organising or volunteer team for community events, or park maintenance and beautifying, or if you're keen to be involved in improving Brixton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org