The deadline for proposals is October 16, 2020. Decisions will be announced by November 16, 2020. The expected output of funded research should be available by May 14, 2021.
Proposals submitted by young researchers will receive a strong preference. Funded research is expected to be published in top academic research journals. Proposals should include the following:
- A description of the proposed project, including an executive summary; a description of the project’s objectives and expected output; the analytical techniques expected to be used in the proposed project, including data, models, and modeling techniques.
- A discussion of the paper’s motivation and contribution.
- The curriculum vitae of the researcher.
- A budget for the proposed research.
- For graduate students, a letter of recommendation from the student’s advisor regarding the student’s research ability and ability to complete the proposed project on time.
Proposals and all supporting materials must be submitted electronically through this LINK in either Portable Document Format (“.pdf”) format, MS-Word formats (“.docx”), or Rich Text Format (“.rtf”). Submit all the relevant materials together in one file in the following order: executive summary, proposal, CV, and any other materials. Please name the file as LastName_FirstName_2020.ext, where “ext” refers to the format file extension. We will only consider one proposal per researcher, so please submit your best one.